Help! Getting BSOD driver power state failure

Hello, i just joined to get help with this. Ive been getting frequent driver power state failure in the past 2 weeks or so. My laptop was fine before this and never had any problems. I am not that good with computers so any help would be appreciated. I really dont know which drivers are causing the problem

I am using windows 7 x64 and intel i7 q740, ATI mobility radeon 5870 crossfire.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

* Also: Give us the make and model of your laptop.

Thanks for the reply, its an alienware m17x r2

I had to zip the files individually. They are too large to be uploaded. sorry

Attachments

• 072911-16302-01.zip
    117.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 072911-16770-01.zip
    118.2 KB · Views: 1
Both minidump errors are 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

They also both cite the Windows OS driver usbhub.sys as the issue. Now the thing with Windows drivers is that they are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help and are not often the cause of the issue. They more so point out that there is a problem than being the problem itself.

Therefore, what USB devices do you have continuously plugged in/loaded?

I have a logitech wireless mouse plugged in most of the time? Could that be the problem. I stopped my laptop from going to sleep if i leave it for too long. Seems to stop the problem from occurring.

I have a logitech wireless mouse plugged in most of the time? Could that be the problem. I stopped my laptop from going to sleep if i leave it for too long. Seems to stop the problem from occurring.

That is one way of doing it. It could be your mouse but we don't have enough information to go on at this point. Logitech make great mice.

If it is my mouse that is causing it, what can i do? I have been using this mouse for more than a year and half a year with this laptop.

We don't know for certain it is the mouse. Try this: Disconnect the mouse from your laptop and just use the trackpad. Any Blue Screens when you do so?

I unplugged my mouse and my trackpad did not work. My laptop notified me that the trackpad is not working because there was another usb device plugged in. I checked, and there was another HID compliant mouse. So i disabled that and my trackpad worked. It might be that mouse that was causing the problem. Ill let you know if i get more bsod. Thanks for your help.

Back