Status
Not open for further replies.

AKirru

My Spec:

3500 x64
1 gig OCUK mem
ASRock 939 dual sata 2
x850 pro PCI-E

Basically my card is crashing in games and I get red coruption all over the screen and my comp restarts.

It doesn't affect older games like Half Life (I play 1.6) just newer games like FarCry, Prey & FEAR etc. Graphics coruption which is usually red and then it stalls.

I'm using the 6.6 drivers with CCC

Please Help
Andy

Ok, I just have a few questions before I (or someone else) can diagnose the problem.
Is the card new?
Have you tried installing newer/older drivers?
How hot is the card running?
Can you give us the wattage of your psu, and the amps on the 12v rail if possible(this info is on the psu sticker)?
Because the problem only occurs with newer games, I'm guessing th ecard is overheating, because it doesn't sound like the sort of thing that'd happen if it was underpowered. So the temp. question is important. Any problems just say so.

You will probably need to install all the newer drivers from your manufacturers website, else: We'll need answers to those questions Mr. Paranoid before we can go on.

Regards,

Korrupt

Erm it's a few months old,

It's temp is around 32C in windows (which I'm now getting artifacts in as well)

I have tried several drivers with the same results.

My PSU is a SUMVISION KY-500 ATX 400W P4

How can I find out about the rail?

Andy

Just open up the case and have a look at the psu sticker. You're lookin gfor the amps on the +12v rail or 12v1 rail. Have you tried turnin gdown settings/resolutions in the newer games?

Right I think I might have an important piece of info. DC output on the psu is 250W << so it isn't 400W afterall? You see I bought this PSU second user and I think the seller has just put their old psu in their new PSU's box :( as the names don't match either.

I've only been using the this card PSU combo for a day. (it was fine yesterday, just started to get problems after I left the pc on overnight).

Anyways as for the 12v all I can see near it is yellow 12.0a

Again Counter Strike 1.6 works fine with no problems or coruption as soon as I try a newer games it fails. Although I tried Farcry on the lowest settings and it held out much longer instead of dying almost instantly like before. Would cs still work like that if card was faulty?

I'll try and take a pic of the corupt image with my phone.

Andy

Not enough amps my friend, it needs a minimum of 250 watts but its self, this translate at around 6.5 Amps at 115 VAC or 3.5 Amps at 230 VAC depending where in the world you are.

Right I stuck in an old Enermax PSU (I think it's a trus 280w or 300)

I also rolled back to the 5.11's and this helped, but dropping the clock from 506, 520 to 500/500 (I did it with ATi tools) seemed to sort if for now. I think I might leave it at that and invest in a better cooler for the card as the stock one looks shabby.

Many thanks for you replies guys

Andy

EDIT: Think I should roll up to the 6.6's?(since they are newer) but leave the clock speed.

I think I might leave it at that and invest in a better cooler for the card as the stock one looks shabby.
I reckon you should invest in a better psu first, that should fix the problem.

Yeah, I'm going out to get one today :)

I had my eye on the THERMALTAKE 480Watt PSU (should be enough for my needs and more)

Like I was saying I was playing games lastnight with no problems then all of a sudden today I start getting coruption again :( Not just red but different colours and I had to plug in the monitor again to get rid of it.

Hopefully the new PSU will do the job.

Andy

Right,

I bought a 450W CoolMaster REAL power and I'm still getting the same corruption.

So I'm thinking it's the card?

Andy

:( Sorry to hear that. Graphics card problems are probably the most unusual problems on techspot, there's no general rule for fixing them and they can be triggered by so many things it's hard to even remember every possibility. I'm guesing it's the card too. Only one thing I can think of doing now, and that's trying the card in a different pc, and then trying the monitor with a different card. Can you do this?
Edit: Found someone with the same problem:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53530.html
Maybe someone will post something useful there.

Thanks dude, I confirmed it definatly wasn't a cooling problem (I had the card at 30C and it was still giving the corruption). It can't of been a PSU problem and since my other card works fine with no problems I'm guessing it isn't a hardware problem within my pc. So it lead me to believe it was a card problem (as it got progressively worse). So I purchased another x850pro (just waiting for it to arrive). There is a good side to the story and that's my dad went half of the cost with me :) Sometimes PC's just suck ..heh

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back