help hard reset for Intel Netport Express 10/100

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbhall

Bought two of these devices from ebay - no reason to suspect they are faulty in any way - lights etc perform as others we already have.

problem is, they were previously used, and have already been assigned a TCP/IP address and name by a previous user, which I can see on the self-test print page.

But I cannot see these devices in the netport manager software. I have manuals for them, and the hard reset to factory status is to hold down print-test button while powering on, but this does not seem to work.

Other problem (probably the reason they cannot be seen in manager) is I cannot even ping them on my network. I have a netgear 24-port switch off a Novell 6.5 server, and have an idea that either the server or the switch is not permitting communication due to IP segment rules.

I am not a network guru and am at a loss as to what to do next ? Any suggestions gratefully received...

I found this
Windows* 2000 and Windows* NT 4.0 using the Intel® NetportExpress™ print server Add Printer Wizard or LPR printing.
what OS are you using
may need additional softwares
and ya I guess if they did not give you the ip address it's going to be tuff getting in
even got a password I bet
not lucky nough to have a reset hole to hard reset
may ned to oper'r up and see if there's a factory jumper inside

replies

OS is typically win98se, but 2000 and XP also available.

I do know the devices IP address, IPX port, assigned name and port names - all print on test-page.

There is no internal reset jumper.

I cannot ping the address given because it is not passed through the server.

I am going to try an isolated PC, but will need a cross-over cable to do this, as it does not work with a normal cable PC-to-device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back