Help! How do you connect(with ethernet) a Wireless-B Broadband Adapter to a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty much a novice at doing this networking stuff, so I would be glad if I could get some help. I want to directly wire the router into my computer and bought a ethernet cable. I connected the cable to my router and computer and it doesn't work. Do I need a driver..I have reformatted my computer before and have installed the ethernet card again(or at least I think I did). Anybody have step by step information to get this to work? If so, please do tell. Thanks!

Please clarify. So you don't want to use the wireless feature of your router but rather use one on the wired ethernet ports on the router correct? So you've connected an Ethernet cable between one of your routers available ports and the Ethernet card installed in your PC correct?

Thanks anyways, but with a bit of perserverance, it works now

I've reformatted my computer a couple times(way before I tried to get the ethernet connection to work) and I forgot to install the ethernet card back onto my computer. Installed that NIC card, or whatever it's called, and it recognized the cable. Thanks so much for trying to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back