HELP: How to get rid of patchyoursystem.com and a desktop warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have this weird thing, everytime when I open internet explorer such a weird page as patchyoursystem.com appears. It is really annoying.

There is also something stupid on my desktop, it is a black background with text such as 'warning, youre computer might be infected ...'

I don't really have experience with these things but I'm trying really hard to get it all. I'm new.

I did a system scan in Hijackthis and I attached the logfile.

Is there anybody who can help me?
Thnx,

Marein

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 8
As for your desktop, it is usually just a changed background image. You must clean you junk off first as per RealBlackStuff. But as for the background, try this:

Right-click on your desktop (not on any icons or windows), and choose Properties.
Click the Desktop tab
Check your background image from here, change if it is the bad one. If it is NOT the bad one, click the Customize Desktop button. Then the Web tab. From the web tab, highlight and delete any entries besides "My current home page". But make sure that one is UNchecked.
Then you can OK out of all those windows, and your background should be normal. Unless the junkware is still on there and sets it back again.

cheers

Hey, I already tried to change the background, it's like there is something over my desktop image so i cant see it... weird stuff

Marein said:
Hey, I already tried to change the background, it's like there is something over my desktop image so i cant see it... weird stuff

yes that is normally the thing in the "web" tab I was talking about.

Change your regular background, then make sure nothing is selected in that web tab.

Print the instructions RBS gave you from that web site, to clean it manually. Then restart your PC in Safe Mode and go after it.

you mean the patchyoursystem? for some reason it dissapeared.. i runned a lot of anti virus programms and spyware removers.... thats kinda all i did

That's kinda all you need to do. Run the right programs for the job, and hope you don't have to do any manual removing.

glad it's working though!

Desktop warning

As for the desktop image, If you move the mouse to the top of the screen a bar should appear and you should be able to X out the page, Worked by me, as for the bug on IE still trying to get rid of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back