HELP! I am at my wit's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here is the deal. I have an ABIT KV8 Pro Motherboard, and I am trying to run a Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro video card. When I boot up, I get the Windows logo, then it goes to just a black screen, no display whatsoever. I hear the Windows startup sound, and when I power off, I hear the shut down sound. But no display. I know the card is good, I have tested it in other systems. And I have run other (low end) cards in my system with this motherboard. I have updated all the drivers, motherboard, bios, video card, processer, etc, etc. I do not know what to do. Anytime I try to run any high end card I have all sorts of problems. I do not want to have to replace the board, as I will have to go to ABIT directly to do so. I am hoping there is something stupid and simple I am missing or can easily fix myself. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Alexander
The Clueless

You didn't mention it so I'll ask. Did you plug in the molex power supply to the card? If so, perhaps your power supply is inadequate.

Aye, the card is plugged in to the power supply, and I have a 350W supply, which should be more than adequate according to specs. Hmm, I wonder if it could be the power supply, considering I only have problems with higher end cards that need to hook up to it. ::ponders:: I may have to try and eliminate that, anyone have a spare power supply floating around? ::Grins::

Aye, all the bios settings are correct, and I have ruled out the power supply being buggy. I have tried everything I can possibly imagine. I am thinking at this point I just have a bad board with a wacky AGP slot. ::sighs and goes off to try and get an RMA # from ABIT::

Oh, great icon, by the way, Yellow. Those boobs are quite mesmerising. ::grins::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back