Help! I have a new Dell desktop and the Internet Explorer is not woking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tish Bird

I have a new Dell desktop with Windows XP home edition. The software is corrupt. I have config /release, / renew/ etc. Spent hours with Dell and they want $99 to fix something that has never worked! There has to be a way to make it work. I have already restored. I ran Spybot, McAffee, AVG. My laptop works fine. Can I boot IE from my laptop to the desktop? There's something fishy trying to charge me for fixing Windows XP when it has never worked! What can I do?

Tried this?

Have you gone to MS and tried to download IE latest version? This might overwrite whatever the problem is. ? If you have NO active browser, go to Start>all programs> Windows update. Just a thought. :knock:

Do other browsers like Opera or Mozilla Firefox work?

If they do then don't bother. Internet Explorer is crap compared to the other browsers out there.

new to this

How can I get another browser?. The desktop is only 7 months old and I'm sorry I went with Dell. My laptop is fine. There should be a way to transfer IE to the desktop. You seem like you know what you're talking about. I never have been a techie, although I should have gotten a BET from USF 20 yrs. ago. I only know all the first generation languages. I have a BA is Information Systems and am about to get a Masters in Human Resources. I feel like an ***** when it comes to this. Thanks, Tish

Have you tried Windows update to try to download IE? How about System Restore? There's gotta be a way. Also, have you scanned for spyware/viruses?
Sorry- just re-read your first post, and you've tried restore already. I dunno- not educated enough yet. Maybe one of the smart ones will show up with a fix. Good luck. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back