Help, im new so i need some tech talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiomono1

ok i berely got a new video card.
ATI radeon 1950 pro x16 pic express
i got a pws 500wtts. 12v. rail
ever since i downloaded the driver 7.8 and 2 weeks after that download. my pc keeps restarting on me.over and over. it'll work for about 2-5 min, then restart, and evrything freezez. idk why. i tried downloading older drivers. but still the same problems. i have a gig of memeory
so anyone with suggestions?
my processor is a amd 64 3800

Installing video card ?

Did you start by useing the cd installation,then doing a website update ?
The update is just that.Start with the cd complete installation.
Don't be in a rush for newer drivers.
You might have installed the wrong web site drivers like i did.

only problem is. idk how do go in safe mode. =/

i read a bulletin a while back saying that he had to first put it in safe mode then uninstall all of his drivers , and then install 7.8 (or i thknk it was preaviouse drivers knowing it was a while back) then took it off safe mode. so help. i tried runnin "dxdag" but nothin. it just gave me a report on whats the specs.
whenever i retsarts. i see little lines passing left and right my screen when its booting up when its only black and it only has the xp logo in the middle.

my os is the microsoft windows XP media center edition 2005.

problam is idk what kind of mobo i have. is there a program that can tell me? i checked the box and all the papers it came with and no specs. the only specs the box or papers had on it that it was just showing off the processor. that was it. =/

i tried using the cd again. the driver version is 7.2-VER.8.324 when i installed it in, it said sometin about being incorrect driver that i had to update it.

it keeps telling me these two problems:

1. "setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hard drive or operating system.
setup will now exit.

2. "could not load file or assembly "MOM.Implemenation" or one of its dependencies. the system cannot find the selected"

i did what u told me to do codex. i did the system restore...doesnt seem to be helpin..i tried everyhting u guys said..but nothing...still messin up on me..what do u suggest i do..there's no hope.lol :*(
or should i just buy another pc? how will i change my WoW account to another pc?

there's always hope, but there can be so many things that can be the problem. I'm not sure if your computer only reboots when you're in windows. I'm not sure how much you know about computers, but if everything else fails(so I'm not telling you to do it yet..) you can always try to reinstall windows.

You're saying it started when you installed newer drivers. I think you've downloaded the wrong drivers when you got that message with setup could not find... etc.
Are you sure you downloaded the 7.8 for media center edition?

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/mce/radeonx-mce.html

there are various applications with which to check your motherboard. One of the easiest is EVEREST free edition:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

just install and look at the 'motherboard' section. That is, if your pc stopped rebooting every two minutes... did it stop rebooting after you uninstalled the drivers?

yes i installed media center driver 7.8 still doin the same thing. the video cards a viontek. i installed the latest driver they had and it was a 7.4 and i also instaled fromwork 2.0 with ati tray tools cause CCC sucks and takes up too much rescources. i did all that and it still does the same problem. =/
ok ell imma try it again with the media center driver..if not that works..then..im clueless.=/

i checked me driver and it said "Critical" next to it. the video adapter driver.
other hardware, their drivers said "pass"

Field Value
Motherboard ID 11/15/2005-RS482-SB400-Amberine-00

this is what i got from the program u told me to download. guessin this is the MOBO's ID.

well idk im new at this and thas what that program told me. the ID

from what the name of my mobo is..the program just says "unknown" so idk whats it called...so that sucks.

You should try downloading CPU-Z, the latest version and it will tell you the make of the motherboard, just click on the Mainboard tab, and it should tell you everything. The problem that I see with your video card, is that the drivers are not installed correctly, neither for your video card, neither for your motherboard. Try following these steps, in order to get it working:
1. Use the program CPU-Z, to tell you what chipset you have on your motherboard. Ex. Intel i875p.
2. Go to intel's website and under the Download section at the top left corner, select desktop chipsets, then look for your model name.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx#

3. Download and install the motherboard chipset driver, restart your PC, then delete the already installed ATI drivers, and restart again.

4. Download Driver Cleaner from: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

4. Install this program, and run it, here you need to check the box "Select Multiple Cleaning Filters". Next from the drop down menu select everything you see with ATI, to make sure you are doing everything the right way.

5. After this is done, restart your PC, then download and install the latest ATI Drivers, which I believe are the Catalyst 7.8. Restart your PC, and see if it gives you anymore trouble. If it does, then post back here.

Good luck,
Adrian P.

the main board is the "Amberine M"

its a AMD not a intel. doesnt hae intel processor in it. only has a amd 64 processor
socket 939
* Motherboard manufacturer's name: ASUS A8AE-LE
* HP/Compaq name: AmberineM-GL6E

im assuming ATI doesn't have that type of program do they. =/

Technically, it would help a lot if you followed the steps i laid out for you. Just skip the intel chipset part, and you should be set.

3. Download and install the motherboard chipset driver, restart your PC, then delete the already installed ATI drivers, and restart again.

4. Download Driver Cleaner from: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

4. Install this program, and run it, here you need to check the box "Select Multiple Cleaning Filters". Next from the drop down menu select everything you see with ATI, to make sure you are doing everything the right way.

5. After this is done, restart your PC, then download and install the latest ATI Drivers, which I believe are the Catalyst 7.8. Restart your PC, and see if it gives you anymore trouble. If it does, then post back here.

ok so i start from 3? should i uninstal my ATI drivers first? then start on 3?

OK, after you restart make sure to go into device manager, and look under the display adapters section, and can u please list what you have there. THX

device manager?...hmm seen it before on my pc...lol can u direct me where it is man.lol sorry just scared and stressed on this pc is why. =/

lol sorry had to go to system then hardware, then device manager. found it. yess

koo, got that part down. ok whats next? a list came up, device manager is up. whats next?

lol my rez is 640x480 .lol too big O-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back