Help in debugging dump files

Status
Not open for further replies.

enrell

As per the sticky thread.

my temp @ load is 40celcius, ive increased my page file and I passed memtest @ 9 passes

ive installed the debugging tools for windows xp. everything works fine except ive problem with pathing the symbols directory (ive point it to the right directory)

whenever I !analyze -v, this came up

*** Your debugger is not using the correct symbols ***
*** In order for this command to work properly, your symbol path ***
*** must point to .pdb files that have full type information. ***
*** Certain .pdb files (such as the public OS symbols) do not ***
*** contain the required information. Contact the group that ***
*** provided you with these symbols if you need this command to ***
*** work. ***
*** Type referenced: nt!_KPRCB ***
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+22f43 )

so I ran symchk and it gave this output - *.pdb files mismatched or not found

--

any advice on how to resolve this is very much appreciated...

in any case, ive attached 2 dumps and 1 debuglog(based on 031310-02 dump) that I need help deciphering.

tanx !!

Attachments

• Mini031310-02.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 7
  • Mini031010-01.dmp
    36.4 KB · Views: 5
  • debuglog.txt
    17.9 KB · Views: 3
Are you using Chrome as your internet browser/search engine? One minidump cites that the chrome.exe is not engaging and thus causing issues.

According to what I could read of your minidump it it the Chrome executible not loading and causing your system crashes. I am am wondering if your security, particularly your firewall, is having conflicts with your internet browsers, especially since it was first Firefox and now Chrome.

According to what I could read of your minidump it it the Chrome executible not loading and causing your system crashes. I am am wondering if your security, particularly your firewall, is having conflicts with your internet browsers, especially since it was first Firefox and now Chrome.
mmm..so how do i resolve it??

how abt my 2nd dump?

bro

i've ran BlueScreenView and almost all of my crashes are due to the ntoskrnl.exe

whats dat?

@enrell
such dumps won't be as helpful but post them anyway, and also I would suggest you to follow these instructions, and hope something useful will turn up in your next dumps.

However, before proceeding on the following steps please ensure that you can boot your system in safe mode.

1) Windows Key + R (or go to Start, then click on Run..)
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose 'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash the blue screen will hopefully say something like "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". When this occurs please post your new minidump.

Please note that Driver Verifier will continue to run on every boot up until you run (by going to Start, then to Run):

verifier /reset

@enrell
such dumps won't be as helpful but post them anyway, and also I would suggest you to follow these instructions, and hope something useful will turn up in your next dumps.

However, before proceeding on the following steps please ensure that you can boot your system in safe mode.

1) Windows Key + R (or go to Start, then click on Run..)
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose 'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash the blue screen will hopefully say something like "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". When this occurs please post your new minidump.

Please note that Driver Verifier will continue to run on every boot up until you run (by going to Start, then to Run):

verifier /reset
k..will do that..

how abt the 2 dumps i posted and the debuglog? r they useful?

Route has already commented on them; so there was no need to add anything further, as there is none to be added anyway.

I ran the verifier in the background...able to boot..but crashed when im playing bad company 2..heres the attached..

pls advice...

Attachments

• Mini031410-02.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 3
Your error is 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

Your driver in question is ati3duag.dll which is a video card driver. We see these issues a lot between gaming and video card drivers.

I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Cool, I hope all is well now, if you need any further assistance please let us know. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back