TechSpot

Help - Increasing fps for Counter-Strike 1.6

By mad_p00
Dec 25, 2004
  1. I have the nestest updated verison of counter-strike 1.6 but when ever i join in to a game my max fps is 60 my friends normal max fps is 100, i was wondering if i could change this fps to any higher or is there settings on my navidia video card to make it able to support this fps or would it be my moniter that does not support this high fps? I was wondering if my video card or my game has a max fps limit setting? my video is set on openGL 640X... 16 bit, i tryed higher or lower or different video modes my fps does not go any higher some goes lower 2. Please help me resolve this problem

Computer Stats:

Moniter: AOC A985
    Video Card: GeForce FX-5500 256MB
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+ 2.00Ghz
    Ram: 512DDR
    Window: Window XP Pro
    Board: Gigabyte Mother board
    Support: DirectX 9.0+

Newest video card driver downloaded off navidia website

I have downloaded all of counter-strike from steam, it is now ready to play offline mode

Many Thanks
    MaDpOo

2. klymacs

klymacs TS Rookie

Disable Vertical Sync from the Grafix control panel

Want More?

Try This:
    developer 1
    fps_max 999

Want More?
    Decrease The Resolution

Want More?
    Throw ur PC outside n quit playing CS

3. MoviemakeR

MoviemakeR TS Rookie

You Must do like this :

Desktop Properties >> Settings >> Advanced >> Geforce ..... ( Video Card Driver ) >> Performance & Quality Setiings , and here you must turn off these Vertycal Sync , Antisotropic filtering and Antialising settings !

Mm..... than try these codes in Cs :

cl_showfps 1
    fps_max 200
    cl_updaterate 101
    cl_weather 0
    developer 1

Good luck :)

4. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

That's pretty good advice lol :haha:

5. westhitter

westhitter TS Rookie

Also Need Help with Fps for CS 1.6

NVIDIAGeForce 6100nForce 4505
    2 512Ram Cards
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+ 2.40GHz
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    On a Accer Computer Desktop
    AST180-ua381b
    My Fps Flicker from 60 to 59 and drop down to 25-10 when loading a server.
    Very frustrating. I am used to already CS configed computers I used to play on at the Lan Center.
    Now have own computer but gaming experience a bumber.
    Any settings i could change?? Or Do i need more ram?

6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +238

The LAN Center PCs had better quality graphics cards than your integrated graphics. It appears that your PC has a PCI-E x16 slot so you can buy a separate graphics card. One more GB of RAM wouldn't hurt either but your lack of a graphics card is your biggest impediment to higher FPS.

7. abvgddjezijkllj

abvgddjezijkllj TS Rookie

Yes, but where is the VSync on "ATI Radeon 9600 series" graphic cards?? :D

8. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,284   +157

In catalyst control centre.
    Or theres a disable vsync option in game

Hope this helps :)

9. CSFreak

CSFreak TS Rookie

I have Counter-Strik 1.6 and I need some help with it. Every time, no matter what are the settings, my game freezes at the of the loading, or when the map is starting. I have tried reinstalling but it wont help.

Any Ideas?

10. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,266   +42

Make your own thread, dont highjack posts and threads.

11. T77

T77 TS Enthusiast Posts: 315

it seems to me that everyone on this thread who plays CS needs to do their computer a favour by upgrading the GPU.

12. shumy

shumy TS Rookie

AMD athlon(tm) 64 X2 dual core processor 5000+1.00Ghz
    3.00 GB ram
    32-bit operation sistem
    Windows vista ultimate
    Monitor acer 22"
    grafic card:Nvidia Geforce 9500GT

My fps on window vista is 45-60....on window XP 100...pls help

13. poteljito

poteljito TS Rookie Posts: 42

FPS Config

14. PnKStRKiD

PnKStRKiD TS Rookie Posts: 16

you can only get the best fps and graphics from your card that your card can handle. some can't get more than like 20. my card only allows me 30fps. and it's alright. it's just getting all your settings right so that it all functions together real good. there's a site that tells you how to get your best fps and rates and stuff. it really helps.

15. Kotu2

Kotu2 TS Rookie Posts: 78

Download and use game booster?

16. Kotu2

Kotu2 TS Rookie Posts: 78

it would be helpful if you told us that site :S

17. PnKStRKiD

PnKStRKiD TS Rookie Posts: 16

i can't completely find the site i'm thinking about. apparently things have moved on far enough.

the only thing i can say is set your config in console to this for starters

cl_updaterate 20
    cl_cmdrate 20
    rate 25000
    fps_60

make sure you have graph_3 on? whichever is the thing so you can see your fps, and choke and lag. it's been a while.

then if you're not getting any choke or lag. up the cl_updaterate by 5 until it starts to choke or lag. then lower it by 5. do the same for cl_cmdrate. and then you can try upping your fps_max to like 70 or if you really want to try 101. that's the max you can do. just when you change the fps_max you kinda gotta start over with the other settings. but leave the rate at 25000.

hope that helps

18. damien1985

damien1985 TS Rookie

thx

thanx so so SO SOOOOOOOO MUCH :D i really thought there was a problem with windows 7 x64 about counter strike 1.6 with fu...in fps.now i can easily reach 400 without turning off v sync, anti aliasing etc... A BIIIIIG THX again ;)

19. Grilcoe

Grilcoe TS Rookie

Hey everytime i try to find a server it says that it cant find the master server and i keep hitting refresh. please help techspot, your my only hope. :-I

i realy need som help plz email me at pmactag g@ lakeland.ws so that i can get answers (without the spaces)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.