help installing Drivers for e-GeForce 7600GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrashdnBurnt

Got a EVGA 7600GS...
After its all said and done error in the end says "NVidia Setup could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware"

After installing the card manual said "Windows would detect new hardware and attempt to search for drivers. Allow Windows to proceed by clicking Next and Continue buttons as appropriate. This will cause Windows to load a default driver for your display adapter. Your computer will then reboot. Once your computer has completed the reboot, you will be able to install the display drivers for your card"

Yes it detected the new card. but in the wizard window Ive tried everything possible. No driver found. Computer did not reboot or ask to be rebooted.

I autorun the disk that came with it, but to no avail. Still cant find compatible drivers.

In the device manager it has the Video controller(VGA compatible) yellow question mark

No other cards have ever been installed.
Yes it has onboard video
No, I didnt disable it .... goin to do it now to see if it makes a differance.

either go to the Evga site adn download the drivers for your card or, next time the hardware wizard pops up do not let it search for the driver select "do not search" and "install from a specified location" then choose the "have disk" option. point windows to the disk in yor drive and let it search for the drivers. if it doesnt find them open the disk yourself via the browser of the hardware wizard and navigate tot he driver folder on the disk and click ok.

went to the site earlier got related files(not specifically for the 7600GS, they had everything bunched together or so it seems) and after doing the have disk option, and select driver from list option, the only choice closest to mine was drivers for 7800GT. So pick that one, trust me , it's not the right one. Did make some interesting patterns though.

I disabled the onboard video in device manager(or so I think)
No options for it in the BIOS

Still the same thing's happening. Do I have to reboot with it disabled before inserting card for it to take place?
I disabled it, shut it down, installed card, rebooted.

Can you tell me where I can get the drivers for...
EVGA e-GeForce 7600 GS. Cant find 'em no where. I'm sure they're on the disc, just cant access 'em

Driver files on disc have a 7600GT, and 7800GS along with many others, just not the one that matches mine.

which one of the drivers for these two will drive the 7600GS. Hate to go through the interesting patterns again

Just go to Nvidia and download the latest reference drivers, they work with any Nvidia card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back