Help, I've got Movieland infection!!!

:eek: Like so many other poor sobs, I am being pummeled by the Movieland thugs to pay up...yes I made the fatal mistake of hitting the download key without reading the terms. Having sobered up the next morning I removed the program with my Add/remove the next day ignoring their threats; little did I realize the chain of harassment I set myself up for.
Now I just want my life back and to be free of that succubus that keeps showing up every time I turn on my computer demanding payment for a service I never actually used.
I've since updated windows servicepak(I have window's XP home), Norton antivirus and added PCTool's SpywareDoctor and run serveral scans, all to no avail.
If anyone can help a techclueless sob like me I would be eternally grateful.

Try posting in the correct forum, and you might get some more attention

Moved

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Movieland removed !!!

Hi all,

I got hijacked by the silly movieland popup and I googled it and this website came up.

with its help, i dug around and this is what finally worked for me.

I went under the c drive, went to programs and found the media pipe directory (emptied and deleted it) and also found the directory altpayv2.??? (emptied and deleted it)

I rebooted.

Success !!!!!

I'm going to post this in some of the other forums as well.
take care

Stupid Movieland

I had to post this message for anyone with problems removing "Movieland". I had it stuck on my computer for a while and couldn't remove it. And it would pop up ever time I turned on the computer. Well, I uninstalled Moviepipe and anything that came up on a search for that or "movieland". But I did that and still kept getting the pop up...that I owed them money. I installed zone alarm, the firewall, and noticed a program asking for permission to access the internet called "Altpayments.exe" I denied it and did a search for that and found it under program files in my C drive! I was able to delete it after disabling that program from the "processes" tab on the Task Manager(control-alt-del). I was successful in deleting it! And I didn't have to go and change any thing in the registry, or reformat! Which was great! I hope this helps someone else! This is what I think of Movieland: puke:

I was about to throw my computer out the window due to the lovely freakin music that went along with the payment reminders. You guys are the bomb I am telling ya. Thanks to the advice I can now listen to my musical emails and my computer remains on my desk. MOVIELAND SUCKS! puke:

Movieland OR Mediapipe

Oh my gosh. I have been cringing with every cpu startup since last Oct. I did a search for altpay and came up with the following: altpay, AltPayments and AltPayments.exe. I then went to Task Manager (ctrl alt del), disabled the Altpayments.exe file and was finally able to remove these files. I have found numerous files since Oct and tried to delete them such as the following:
C:\Windows\Prefetch\ALTPAY~2.PF
C:\PROGRA~1\ALTPAY~1\ALTPAY~1.EXE and
C:\PROGRA~1\MEDIAP~1\ALTPAY~1.EXE
I can not thank you enough Baroque12004 ... And at last I am at peace with my cpu again. :) I am a new member and I Love this site! Thank you techmeisters!

Movieland has gotten "smarter"

I also, unfortunately got hit with the Movieland drama and tried following all of the help posted here, but had no "altpay" in my running processes. It looks like it is now called "itbill." This file was created on the same day that stupid movieland pop up said that we downloaded their software. There was an altpay AND an itbill folder in my cdrive, programs folder. I hope this is helpful.

Back