Help.....jammed molex connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenmachine

I just installed a new PSU and I was going to replace the molex connector connected to my video card but the connector that is in there now is stuck. The connector that is in there now is not part of the old PSU but rather a splitter I put on. It is a really crappy splitter. I even took my video card out and tried to remove the connector to no avail. I noticed that one of the cables of the connector was actually loose in the molex connector. I wasn't pulling on the cables or anything like that...but the splitter is just crap. Any suggestions on how to get the connector out without damaging my video card??

You might try using a pair of pliers to grip the molex of the splitter and gently rock it from side to side to loosen it. The side to side action works better than pulling straight out. Be gentle using the pliers as you don't want to break the graphic card connector loose from the pcb card. You're not worried about damaging the molex of the splitter because you will be discarding it and getting a new one or if you have a free molex, use that instead.

I repair cars and trucks as a hobby and I use a similar technique for some of the numerous electrical connectors that seem to have welded themselves together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back