?HELP? Just got a nice upgrade for my comp & now all my games run in slow-mo???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraYYoda

I jus recently upgraded my rig[see below],and now all 12 or so of my games run in slow motion but with high fps like normal,some games just dont start up because dx detect no vram.Btw im on my old 9600xt,im getting my 6800 back from repair soon[jus hope thatll fix it]Straighly the only game that works is doom3 and it runs real nice on this new setup,but iv lost others like HL2 n FarCry,any1 got any idea how to fix this?

A64 3200[754]
asus k8n-e del
corsair512xms 3200
9600xt256mb/6800128mb
windows x64

Anyone know? anyone know anyone who could know anyone who might know!!? really dont want to hav such a nice comp jus sitting there all gameless :(

AuroraYYoda said:
some games just dont start up because dx detect no vram. Straighly the only game that works is doom3 and it runs real nice on this new setup,but iv lost others like HL2 n FarCry
Hmm, DirectX problems, HL2 and Far Cry are Direct3D games, but OpenGL game Doom 3 works.

Have you tried running DirectX 9.0c installer again?

That's a good point. OGL is the big variable there.

Have you tried to reinstall any of the games having problems? I find that switching graphics cards can cause some problems simliar to what you are experiencing... Although I don't know about those games in particular.

hmmm well yea iv tryd installing dx MANY times id love to jus uninstall it,iv reinstalled FarCry about 4 times but no change,right now im jus in full hope that my 6800 change might help.if not im 100% fucd.u can only play a doom3 so much!,also 2 old UT03 and UT04 demos work fine aswell.Its a problem i found that players of old cs used to get a lot a while ago,but the slow mo thing was always on a crap card,i can hav 70+fps and still move like im in space,not laggy jus slow....Any more help or a point in the right direction would be awesome thx

OoooooK then,after installing a few more games and finding a few more problems i am kinda sure its mostly Dx related.After installin Dawn of War it came up wif the error:
"Spooge driver not found.Verify that DirectX is properly installed."

i also tryd installing the dx9.0b from the cd
jus for laughs,and like always it said

"This version of DirectX is not compatible wif the version of windows currently installed"
Iv seen loads of x64 reviews running the same build as me n DX9.0c ..n i think b wif no problems.

Any dx experts? or any1 hav any idea how to go bout fixing this mess??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back