Help looking for appropriate video card for widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased the Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor which runs at a maximum resolution of 1680x1050 Pixels. I was wondering if you guys have a suggestion for which video card I should buy since my original card can't handle it. I don't really do any gaming, I just need something that can support that type of resolution.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Why can't your original card support it ? It doesn't have that resolution or it's obsolete hardware wise ?

Well the maxiumum resolution that I can currently support is 1280x1024, it's just what came with my computer. I want a card that will be able to let me use my new monitor at its highest capabilities.

Do you intend to game with it ? If not, pretty much any modern card with a DVI connection (keep away from VGA) should do.

Hmmm, I just remember looking at the video cards at staples the other day and none of them seemed to show that resolution on their lists of possible resolutions so I wasn't sure if the widescreen was something special I'd need to search for in a card or not. Maybe their selection just sucked.

AcesFull04 said:
I just purchased the Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor which runs at a maximum resolution of 1680x1050 Pixels. I was wondering if you guys have a suggestion for which video card I should buy since my original card can't handle it. I don't really do any gaming, I just need something that can support that type of resolution.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I just got a Viewsonic 20.1" widescreen and my ATI Radeon 9600 PRO does a great job with it. The ATI board was about $50. Fine if you're not a gamer. This one was AGP, you didn't mention if you have AGP or PCI-E video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back