Help me! Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so I got a computer from a friend of the family, hp pavillion 7966. They just cleaned the system so it didnt have windows xp...Accidently I stuck in the Windows XP Home Edition UPGRADE it started downloading and then told me to enter the original windows xp. I didnt have it at the time so I canceled the download and drove off to get it. Now when I turned the computer back on I get the hp pavillion load up screen and then just a plain black screen. Is there any way I would be able to get back to the Failure to boot screen and then stick in the windows xp and restart the download? what should I do?

It might be simplest to do it this way: Turn on the PC and enter the BIOS. While in the BIOS, open the CD/DVD tray and put in the Windows CD and close it. Also, while in the BIOS make sure the CD drive is first in the boot order. You can change it later if you want.

If you've made any changes in the BIOS, Save and exit. If not, you can just exit. After exiting the BIOS, the PC should boot from the Windows CD and Windows Setup should start. Just keep going from there until you finish installing Windows.

You should have all your chipset and other drivers handy to install when Windows is finished installing.

Im getting a primary master failure when I do that, but it wasnt failing before I put in the upgrade any ideas on what to do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back