Help me choose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i have to make decision among these computers. Please help me with my decision. experts please tell me why i should buy one vs other.

3 post down i have uploded comparision.doc please download and suggest.

Thanks

On the amount of RAM on #3, I'm assuming it's running VISTA. Of course, the others could also be running VISTA as well.
I would normally select #2 even though I'm an AMD person, but since it has an integrated graphics chipset, I'll have to go with number 3. BUT, the graphics card has to go. I'm also assuming the graphics card is a PCI-e based upon it being an AM2 processor and board. Since you didn't state what brands these are, nor did you state if you are going to use them for gaming, I'm just going to go with the flow. If you are going to game with it, AND you select #2 anyway, (and assuming again, that it has a PCI-e slot), you'll still have to install a new graphics card.
But, if you go with #3, and the additional $300 isn't an issue, for what you'd save on purchasing #3, you can pick yourself up a really decent Direct X10 card. The 8800 GT's seem to be a popular, high quality card right now, so that's just my opinion. If you're not using it for gaming, then definitely go with #2.

ok here are list of computers

Attach is the computer comparision chart along with prices. Its a word document that has all the details.

Please tell me which one I should choose and why.

All the experts your help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• comparision.doc
    67 KB · Views: 12
I'd still go with #3. Like I said, if you're using it for gaming, the Intel system #2 won't cut it with an integrated graphics card. Sure, you could play games like Sim City, and a few other non-taxing games, but the performance (bus speed) is much higher than the other two. Higher bus speed means faster response time and less slowdown when really pushing intensive 3D applications. I'd still put my money on the AMD 5600+ AM2 system.

what is your EXACT budget?...perhaps i could design a rig for you, see if you like it. and i can try to give you the best bang for the buck you can get for the money.

also, if you mentioned exactly what parts you want to buy, i can make sure i get you what you need and don't go over and beyond. like if you don't need a case, i need to know that because that'd be something i would include in the budget. anyway you get the idea.

Tanks for the response

bit confused

#3 on the list is HP Pavilion Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2.0GHz Computer
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400

are you suggesting that or AMD 5200.

can you please clarify
thanks

On your original post, #3 was an AMD 5600+ AM2 chipset. Your comparison chart didn't even list your original #2 selection of the Intel Duo Core with the integrated graphics chip.

On the comparison chart, I'd have to say the third one from the left. It's not too expensive, and you can just plop a nice video card into it and it's ready to go for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back