help me i cant install quake 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jtickner1

i recently purchased quake 4 and i cant install it, when i run the installer it comes up with some error saying "_is65.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close."
anyone got any ideas???????????

It looks like the temp files made by the installer are having problems. Open your temporary directory by typing in "%temp%" (without quotes) in the Run box, and then delete files one by one.

Some files will not be deleted, that is normal, so dont worry if that happens. Also make sure the disk is clean and doesnt have scratches. Reboot your pc, and try again. :)

yeah thanks i tried that but it didnt work, one of my friends said that was probably something to do with the temp files/folder but he didnt no what!!

does anyone else have any idea??????

How much free space does your C: drive have?

Also, does the account in XP you are using to install have Admin priveleges?

Edit- forgot to add, Quake4 install has all sorts of known problems with various Anti-Virus software. Be sure to disable ANY security or antivirus software for the duration of the installation, ensuring to re-enable afterwards.

There might be a way to fix this: download and roun a program called CCleaner. It is free, and should fix most of your issues. Then make sure you delete everything in the temp folder.

jtickner1 said:
i recently purchased quake 4 and i cant install it, when i run the installer it comes up with some error saying "_is65.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close."
anyone got any ideas???????????

If it never loads believe me you haven't missed much.

oh well im over Q4 it stilll dosnt work thanks for you help though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back