help me im a n00b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is what happened: i connect to the internet through another pc on the LAN.Everything fine until my settings somehow completely changed to something like:
Ip adress: 195.128.189.117
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.192
Default gateway: 195.128.189.64 <--this was previously shown as attacking ip adress in the firewall log...i think this happened when i had to disable my firewall and now my original settings given by my admin wont work!!! I think im hacked, i reinstalled windows and nothing...these are the only settings that work. How can i shake this guy???????? Plz help me

what firewall are you using? enable it and don't disable for anything unless you disconnect completely from the internet.. when using the internet for the first time with your firewall it shouild have asked you if you wanted to allow Internet Explorer (or Firefox or whatever browser u use) to access the network, when it asks just say allow. if it still doesn't work post back..

Im using Panda Platinum 2005 Internet Security and since i got hacked it wont show any intrusuin attempts in the log tho before this happened it kept showing that IP trying to connect to me...and the workgroup i should be in its like gone missing cannot be accesed its just me and this guy...the settings given by my network admin just wont work :blackeye: Im hacked theres no doubt about it...i said i reinstalled windows and nothing...i tried to set it to autodetect settings but the only setting that work are the these rogue ones. :(

well heres what you should do. if you haven't already done it, disconnect yourself from the network.. get your panda platinum updates from another user on your lan so that you can upgrade your software. also get an antivirus program like f-prot antivirus or even f-secure antivirus and client security. from there get the updates for antivirus. once updates are gotten from another computer on your lan, update your software and scan your computer. it is likely that you have a trojan or something hidden in your computer. this gives the hacker some control over your system very easily. the antivirus should pick it up. if it doesn't pick anything up, go ahead and download lavasofts adaware se v1.06. this will scan for spyware. i have added some links for the programs suggested here, if still it doesn't work or if the programs come up with no infections, post again.. good luck

F-Prot Antivirus
http://www.f-prot.com/

F-Secure Antivirus and Client Security
http://www.f-secure.com/download-purchase/

LavaSofts AdAware SE 1.06
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

:knock: No Trojans No Worms No Viruses No n07h1n9 !!! I used about 4 different scanners + a few other utilities still nothing...clean...just those rogue settings over there which connect my pc to the supposed hackers pc. Like i said those arent the settings i should have. I should have NOTHING to do with 195.128.189.64 as it was shown as an attackers ip in the firewall's event log before i disabled it (shouldnt have) :knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back