Not open for further replies.

abhinit90

My rig is :-
p4 516
2.93 ghz
1 gb ram
geforce 6600gt
mobo:- asrock 775 dual 915gl

I first you all to go throught the BIOS pics attached below as shown in attachments first and then only come to a conclusion.

While giving your PRECIOUS reply I would like you to bear in mind that I am a NOVICE so it will be very good if you guide me properly throught the steps and tell me the risks and methods.

Plz bear patience.

I cannot overclock plz help me with the help of my bios pics given below :-

hoping a nice and good reply from a samaritan.

Thnx in advance.

-- Abhinit

Attachments

• abcd0013pz8.jpg
    abcd0013pz8.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 28
  • abcd0002jo9.jpg
    abcd0002jo9.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 24
  • abcd0011nb3.jpg
    abcd0011nb3.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 21
  • abcd0010ue2.jpg
    abcd0010ue2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 22
  • abcd0012qo9.jpg
    abcd0012qo9.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 22
Is your computer a name brand? If it is, it's most likely locked, and therefore is unable to overclock :mad: .

i live in india and have purchased it from HCL infosystems limited
if you have gone throught the bios pics which i request you and all the others to please go through then you will get to know the complete specs and that like in modern processors only the multiplier is locked.
i dont think that the cpu is locked for overclocking.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own. ;)

I have absolutely no experience using Asrock brand motherboards. Anyway, try setting that to Manual, and see if thats the key to everything :D

I'm betting it is. For more detailed steps, I've written a simple guide here:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic70998.html

If there's something not clear there, please reply in that thread itself, I need to refine the guide.

hey is anybody gonna help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz has anydody heard of my mobo

By seeing the BIOS pics can anybody help me

To overclock one must raise the CPU host frequency in pic #4.
You may need to lower the Dram Frequency in pic #3. 133mhz is 1:1 for a 533mhz bus CPU. I don't know the speed of your RAM. If it's DDR2 533 set this to 200mhz, or if you have DDR2 667 then to 267mhz for plenty of headroom.
You can not raise Vcore with most Asrock Intel mobos, but you may be able to set vDram to "high," that will help.

Getting just 10-20MHz out the FSB of a 915G mobo is good.

i posted ran the pc twice and then checked the BIOS it said the frequency is 150 but in cpu-Z i did not find any change

I have no clue as to what your problem is.:confused: But it is true ASRock are budget boards. They are owned by Asus I think. I have gotten amazing overclocks out of my 939DualSATA2, and my 775Dual-VSTA will do 285MHz FSB. Both that I have had really are good reliable mobos. I hope you figure it out.

Mike.

my problem is that inspite of my increasing the cpu frequency the cpu-z doesnt show that it is overclocked.
Also myu ram is 333mhz ddr so in setting the dram setting toi maual what should i set it to ?

Usually the memory speeds in Asrock's BIOS are half the DDR value, so DDR-333 would be 167MHz. Setting it at 133 would give some overclocking headroom.

so i finally assume that nobody here can help me overclock

Thanks to those to helped me above by giving their precious replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back