Help me please-no sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

attagirl1490

I have no sounds (except for the usual beeps) from my computer. The speakers are hooked up correctly ( I can hear static when turned up), but no other sounds. Can someone tell me what to check? All the usual things are turned on. Thank you

The problem seems to be "no sound device found" My computer is having issues...it cannot install any updates, also cannot shut down by itself ( I have to turn off power) I know it's probably time for a nw one, but I'm trying to make it last a bit longer. I have been able to get around most of my problems, but the sound thing is getting annoying. i have tried updates, but again......it downloads but will not install. I went to device drivers..say everything ok. I think it the device is ok but not the driver. But again I can't install so I guess I'll just have to have no sound. Maybe someone can help with no installs and not shutting down problems?

I have windows XP Security, if it matters. Thanks for any help

If you cannot install updates, then it may well be that you cannot install your sound drivers etc.

While you still have internet connectability, download updated drivers and copy them to a cd so you have them handy.

You will need:

Motherboard chipset
Video
Audio
Special Drivers (if needed - eg, keyboard/mouse)
Modem (Desktop computers have a separate CD for the modem)
Network card/chipset

Then, reinstall your OS.

My advice anyway.

gl

:)

poertner_1274 said:
It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.
Am I the only one who finds that a bit awkward and/or a conflict of interests?

Please Help me!!! I Have currently no Sound Drivers Installed (SoundMAX) And on Every boot up a message Appears "Your audio hardware configuration has changed, please reinstall SoundMAX" So i do And an error Message appears making no sense and stops installation. This is My Setup

Asus P5B Deluxe
Crucial 2Gb 443 Ram
BFG 8800GTS Yeah!!!
Linksys PCi card
Western Digital 320GB
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4
Antec p180
etc
Windows XP Proffesional

Sound Problem

attagirl1490 said:
I have no sounds (except for the usual beeps) from my computer. The speakers are hooked up correctly ( I can hear static when turned up), but no other sounds. Can someone tell me what to check? All the usual things are turned on. Thank you

Well I am new to this family.
tell me whether you check the device manager or no
whether the Sound Chip correctly installed , which is mentioned in device manager. then findout if the device is desable in sound and audio device property. you can find that in control pannel.

or there is a case of mute in volume control
check it out..
Himansu

no sound

I appreciate all the help but nothing is working. I downloaded the driver, couldn't copy it to a cd, just cycled...I can't find the sound device, now says it can't be found and then I can't open anything at the control panel about audio because it doesn't find a device. I am grateful for the help but I think it's a lost cause. This computer is just giving out. I have to reboot and use "Regcure" over and over t even get AOL to boot up. So again thanks...I'm giving up and just saving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back