TechSpot

help me please - system reboots abruptly.

By mms
Mar 10, 2007
  1. Hi everybody,

I have purchased a new emachines system. Just after 10 days of purchase, my system starts rebooting abruptly. The latest error code given today is "error Code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter 2 407ff7c5 parameter 3 eb57dcb8 parameter 4 00000000". I tried contacting emachines also. But their solutions like run sfc /scannow does not work at all.

I have also checked all aspects (expect replacing the ram after cleaning - my system is new so i though this may not be dust problem) suggested in the forum.

. Can anybody help me analyse the dumps and solve the problem? I am attaching the dump files for the last ten days.

2. foozy

foozy TS Rookie Posts: 139

Because its an eMachine its probably your power supply voltages failing abruptly. Even if its not, you should replace the power supply immediately anyway, so try that as a first step.

3. N-Guy

N-Guy TS Rookie Posts: 105

If you can, get a refund on it and get a better machine. Custom built if possible where you are.

But what Foozy said, I agree. I have a machine that had a similar problem - I switched the PSU to a better one (had spare) and it no longer happens.

4. mms

mms TS Rookie Topic Starter

thank u very much. But, that does not work

5. mms

mms TS Rookie Topic Starter

can anybody analyse minidumps or guide me in analysing the same?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.