Help me plz if you know how to fix cd-rom drives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyremix2006

Hello everyone, I recently got a KDS Valient laptop and out of the blue the cd-rom drive stopped working , Ive tried a couple of things but it never works, it doesnt need drivers, or so it says... anyhow the cd-rom is a compact disc cd-rom, plz someone give me advice or instructions to fix this problem, if you need more information email me at: crazy34502001@yahoo.com or just reply...thx -crazyremix2006

Its a old cd-rom and its not a new computer, its a old computer but I know for a fact that there is a way to fix the cd-rom, I just cant figure out why.... -crazyremix2006

Have you tried with DOS and standard CDROM drivers? Or if it can boot from a CD?

If one of them works, then, if you're using Windows, the OS could be the problem. You should try to delete the primary and secondary IDE + the IDE controller in the system panel.

Does the eject button works at least?

Try cleaning the connectors.

It would have been simpler if the OS was able to find the drive but that it wouldn't read the disk...

Ive had 1 in the past that, upon taking apart the drive, the ribbon connector inside the drive from the laser assembly to the board had come unplugged. Plugged it back in, put it back together and all was good.

You have to be willing to take it apart though. It already doesnt work, you cant break it.

:angel:

If its just a CD drive you ought to be able to pick one up for less than $20. Plain cd drives now are just about worth less than the cd you put in them.

I'd recommend spending $30 and getting a CDRW drive. Or spending $50 (or less) and getting a DVDRW drive. Optical drives are cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back