Help me reformat my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i juts bought a dv9758ca HP pavillion laptop, came w/ vista and i would rather have XP. i pop in my xp cd change boot device to cd drive and when i eventually get to the part where i choose my hard drive it says Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system. in this laptop there is a SATA Fujitso MHY2160BH harddrive. i have a usb floopy drive but cant find a driver, and i woudl really liek to just get this working.....if there is any way that this will work can someone tell me how! ): i called HP and they where like, "DUAHHHHHH IS THE HARD DRIVE PLUGED IN RIGHT?? EUAAA!" .........so please help!!!:)

my experiences with HP support tell me better than this but...
you probably need a driver for the controller not the hdd in order to install wxp. it is possible that you wont find a xp driver for that. alot of vendor have that problem. so check you vista config for the sata hdd controller and try to find a driver for xp which you can load before the install as a third party driver.

): i dont know what to look for to find the controller... but i know what your saying when i get a driver and load it up when i boot off the xp cd

no you need a driver for the controller which basically tells the system what drive(s) you have, how large and what kind of they are.
without this driver you may fail what you want to do but there is no "driver" for a specific hdd!

nice thx mscrx...........now couldent i just take this driver taht vista is running off right now put it on my floppy and ues it? i thinki will try this!

you can do that but I don't think it will be easy. you need some specific dll + sys + inf files. it would be easier to get a set of drivers on the vendor website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back