HELP ME WITH S-ATA please

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll need a SATA port on your motherboard or you can buy a PCI card with SATA ports. You'll also need a SATA power plug or a molex to SATA power plug.

The retail version of the Western Digital comes with a data cable (Secureconnect cable). The OEM version you bought comes with nothing. However, the WD SATA hard drive allows the use of a regular molex power connector OR the special SATA power connector. So the only thing you need to buy is a SATA data cable. This assumes your motherboard comes with SATA controllers. Does it? What is your motherboard?

Thanks mail pup my motherboard is an Epox 8kda pro motherboard and it does support sata but since i dont want to order taht cable online do you think thet bestbuy or comp usa sells them? so i can just go their personally instead of having to wait another three days?

As SNGX1275 said you can get them at retail stores too. For those motherboards that support SATA, many come with SATA cables. If you bought the motherboard yourself originally, you might already have one lying around somewhere. Often, they are orange or red in color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back