Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaquio

Hi to every1 from Panama

i have the following issue

Describing in order the events:

1. New CPU AMD64 3000+, New Board MSI K8T NEO-FSR, New RAM Kingston 512 DDR 400

2. All properly installed

3. PC booted... Partition Formatted into NTFS, XP Installed FLawless, BOARD DRIVERS TOO FLAWLESS (CPU Temp 37º)

4. Couple of appz installed (WinRar, Zip, ACDSee and so on) FLAWLESS

5. Suddenly it freezes when im exploring a CD, i Turned it off to reboot

6. It stayed like that :( when i press the power button it just flashes the blue led that is in the front of the case and it doesnt start... it just flashes for a sec.

7. Tryed reseating RAM, Clear CMOS, checked board plugs (HDD lead, SPEAKERS, POWER SWITCH)... sadly... no go...

Dont know what else to do... cause... thinking it out... if its RAM it should START and BEEP, if its CPU it should Start and beep and NO VIDEO, if its board it should START but no SCREEN also...

btw... CASE COlors-it with a 500W Power Supply.

Please help me... it is my graduation + christmas Present... AND I WANT TO PLAY QUAKE 4!!!

If you have another PS, try that just to see if it's the problem. Could be the power on/off switch got fried when you rebooted, but I've never had that happen.

Just a thought too, but you aren't pushing the reset button by mistake, are you?

No... im not that dumb LOL

btw... im not using the RESET switch... any chances that THAT could be a reason why its not working?

im not using it cause it came broken

When you start the computer do CPU fan work? If it is CPU I don't think it will beep, I am having that kind of problem with an old cpu. New motherboard, new rams, new graphics card, case and 240 W Power supply, only thing thats old is cpu and when i start it doesn't beep. Which I am guessing because cpu is not working.

You said your computer worked and all of a sudden froze. That makes me think of cpu stop responding. Can you write here your system configuration? Motherboard model, cpu and stuff... what a luck, we have similar problems but mine has never started up so I will go ahead and change the cpu.

Jaquio said:
No... im not that dumb LOL

Didn't think so, but you never know :p

If the CPU is shot, you won't get much happening. And if the reset switch was broken, could the power switch be too? Not sure how it was broken, but it doesn't take much to break them as they're usually pretty cheap, and maybe there's something loose in there. You wouldn't happen to have another case with a good switch you can try, do you?

Okay

My PC Config.

AMD64 3000+ Socket 754
MSI K8T NEO-FSR
Kingston 512 DDR 400
2 HDDS = 1 - Quantum 5.1 Gb (pretty old)
1 - Western Digital 80Gb (3 Partions: 2 NTFS, 1 EXT3)
MSI GeForce 4 MX400 64Mb DDRII
MSI DVD-R/RW +R/RW DR8A
LG CD-RW
Advantek NIC 10/100
"Normal Floppy" 3 1/2
Case COLORS-IST : ATX-L8003 A1 with a PSU 500W

i think thats all... :S

Xtra said:
When you start the computer do CPU fan work? If it is CPU I don't think it will beep, I am having that kind of problem with an old cpu. New motherboard, new rams, new graphics card, case and 240 W Power supply, only thing thats old is cpu and when i start it doesn't beep. Which I am guessing because cpu is not working.

You said your computer worked and all of a sudden froze. That makes me think of cpu stop responding. Can you write here your system configuration? Motherboard model, cpu and stuff... what a luck, we have similar problems but mine has never started up so I will go ahead and change the cpu.

Nothing Works... like i say it just flashes like half a second and thats it.
BTW it doesnt really frozed... it was like... i was looking for a file on a CD, then.. i switched to another CD and de Windows EXPLORER froze... i was able to go to TASK MANAGER and tryed to REBOOT the machine...
it started the reboot process... but then it stop, but i was able to move the Mouse...

After that i just turned it off using the POWER BUTTON...

If you were able to move the mouse than the processor was working. I wanted to check if there is any conflict with your devices but everything is fine and your board is compatible with your cpu, ram and etc.

It should be the motherboard or the cpu, you may want to give this troubleshooting guide a try:

http://www.fonerbooks.com/cpu_ram.htm

If any progress, drop a line here and tell me how its going on.

Lets hope its the PSU but how would it power up if it was the PSU? The blue led is bright because PSU is working right?

or how would PSU effect other components when its functioning properly?

it Just FLASHES ONCE HALF A SEC... it doesnt STAY ON anything else works... no FANS, no BEEPS... nothing...

Isn't there any other computer in the house that you can test the PSU, a friend or someone around that can help you testing it?

At least you have the chance for having a bad PSU but I don't have it. My PSU works fine, fans are on, there is not even a single beep (even when I removed couple components like rams), no live screen... which makes me think that my processor is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back