Help... Monitor switch, now Plug & Play won't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_m_reynolds

Hi.... You guys helped me so much with another problem, (birthday present for son)...hoping you can help again. Temporarily, my mom has hooked up her computer in our house, but didn't have a monitor, so used our flat panel from our Dimension 2400. We ended up using HERS (not a flat panel, but a newer dell) and tonight I switched them back. Now our my son's Dell flat panel, which is supposed to be a plug and play PLANAR, will not register. The system is using the default VGA and all the text is too big, doesn't give any other display options but 16 bit. I tried turning the computer off for about a half hour and restarting, then unplugging the monitor, turning the pc on, and plugging the monitor in after the pc was started, hoping to see the "new hardware found" msg, but nothing. Why won't it detect the right settings automatically? (I recently also reloaded the entire system from the original boot cd again, since it was really congested). Help anyone?

Driver???

According to all of the help files that I could find on the subject in Wndows, there is not supposed to be a driver NEEDED, hence the term "plug and play". What other VGA adapter? The only adapter "drivers" on the system right now are all ATI VGA's...don't work as far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back