Help! My computer does not show any sign of power

By purpleandpink
Aug 21, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Here are my specs.
    Mobo: ECS G31T-M7
    CPU: Intel Celeron Dual Core E3300
    Memory: Elixir DDR2-800 1GB

I've already tested my PSU by shorting the green and black wires, they're perfect. The power switches, I don't know but I'm pretty positive that they're okay. No beeps occur, since my case doesn't have any speaker. I've also tested the cases' indicator lights, they're good too. And then I also made sure I got the connectors on the front panel connected correctly.

The CPU fan doesn't work, no lights, no anything.

It's been quite okay this morning but I have to attend to something so I shut it down and when I returned to turn it on, it just won't.

I think it's my mobo, the chip that has the manufacturer's name on it heated up like crazy and then it won't turn on. Still, I don't know what happened, because the specs are all new. I also tried resetting the CMOS but nothing happened.

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Try shorting the power switch header pins on the motherboard to eliminate the case switch as a problem or, if you prefer, connect the reset switch to those pins. There is no practical functional difference between the reset and power on switch.