Help! My computer keeps restarting during games and gives me a device driver error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody help me solve this problem. My computer keeps randomly restarting during games, or while i am just watching videos on the internet. When i get back to the windows desktop and send the error report it says i have an error in the device driver or that i have a an error with a thread. It is really bothering me so can somebody please help me. I already put my graphics card in another computer and it works fine.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Geforce 6600 Le Graphics card 256 DDR SDRAM (PCI- Express)

1 gig of ram

80 gig hard drive

RX480 Neo2 motherboard

ATI RX480+SB400 Chipset

Update your drivers from nVIDIA.com

If that doesn't fix the problem then try using Omega Drivers.

EDIT: You didn't mention your power supply. A failing PSU could cause that problem. If you used cheap RAM that could be the problem.

Motherboard

This may not be helpful, but....... I had the same problem with a 7900GT, and all the diagnostics came back to a faulty card. I had the manufacturer run a complete test series, and the card checked fine. It turned out to be the motherboard (ASUS P5N-SLI). I do not know if it was a compatibility issue, or if that mobo was faulty. I plugged the same card into an MSI board, and it has been perfect since.

Your message doesn't say if you just put this together, or if it used to work, but now doesn't. As I said, this may be no help, but it might be something to check.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back