Help! My computer keeps restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I am hoping someone out there might have a fix to my problem. My computers onboard video wasn't working so when I took it apart I found that my mobo cpu plug on the board was burned and so was the end to the PSU. I ended up replacing the mobo , CPU, PSU, and RAM. The computers hard drive is connected to SATA 1 and the optical drives on Primary IDE controller on the mobo. The problem is when I start it , it keeps looping itself. It would go to the screen for Last Configuration, Start Windows normally blah blah blah screen. But then it would go to the Windows Xp splash screen and then I would see a little bit like a split second of the blue screen and then it would restart itself and keep doing this over and over again. I ended up putting a jumper on the ATA hard drive now it stopped looping itself but says that there is a hard drive failure. The hard drive is a Western Digital, the mobo a MSI, processor is a Celeron D just use it to cruise the net as all nothing fancy. The drive already has Windows XP Home Media Edition 2005. I still haven't been able to load the new drivers for the mobo becoz it refuses to boot from the dvd drive. Please any help! Thanks in advance

It sounds like your PC is set to automatically restart if an error is found. When it starts (before the most recent configuration part) press F8 and you will have the option to turn off the auto restart. Now when it boot you will see the blue screen error.

I hope thats all it is and if it is it will be a great relief. I read somewhere that I would have to reinstall windows all over again but I didnt think that was right in having replace a mobo.

I think im correct in thinking that your windows install has never worked with your new mobo at all? If so, you need to do a windows repair as i suspect its trying to start up the drivers for your old mobo which are different to those of your new mobo.

The thing is that I leaft the computer running one night had no problems when I was burning something online. I came back to it the next morning and the monitor was off. I tried rebooting and nothing. The case fan and that was working but no video. So I went and replaced everything. Now it just loops. The computer is about a year and a half old and I have no clue where my windows xp disk is at anymore
Now I cannot even boot from a my dvd at all so putting windows disk inside wouldnt work right?

Can you boot into safemode?

If you can:
*Open My Computer by double-clicking on the My Computer icon on your desktop.
*Right click on the disk drive you want to check.
*On the drop down menu, left click Properties.
*Select the Tools tab.
*In the Error-Checking section, click the Check Now button.
*In the Check Disk Options section, tick the Automatically Fix File System Errors and the Scan for and Attempt Recovery of Bad Sectors check box.

Click the Start button in the Check Disk window.

Scandisk will then run through the selected Hard Drive checking for fixable disk errors.

ok i hit the f8 key and got the blue screen saying that windows found a problem and this is what i got for tech :
stop : 0x0000007b,0xf7A8c524,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000

It exactly says: that a problem was detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage.

and i cannot boot into safe mode

ok I just learned a very valuable lesson. I needed the Windows XP disk after all. I had to go and re-install the OS but now is working just fine. Thanks to all who helped out.I learned when changing out the mobo i need to reinstall the OS or repair it. Bottom line i couldnt do jack without the XP disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back