Help!!! My computer will not turn on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

denz11

Can someone help me please?
My computer will not turn on at all. I installed windows media center 2005, then the ATI All in Wonder 2006 edition video card. Everything was workin fine but i was playing around with the TV tuner and trying it with the software that came with the video card and trying it with the media center program, so it wouldn't work after a while , so I shutdown my PC last night, i tried to turn it on this morning and nothing happens, i opened up the PC and the motherboards sleep mode light is on, so i dunno whats wrong with it, but it think the power supply is OK. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks
I have a:
ASUS P4S8x-x motherboard
P4 2.4 GHz processor
384 MB of Ram
80 Gb hard drive
my previous video card was a Nvidia 64mb card

i think you probably have a faulty power supply. also did you have the computer on surge protection...?

so basically you push the power button and Absolutely nothing happens? :confused: the lights don't even flash or anything?

yes i have it on a surge protector, i push the power button and nothing at all, the first time i pushed it this morning the light went on for a little while, but nothing went on , no monitor , no fans, no hard disk, nothing!!,

Sorry to interrupt. PKroks, check out your BIOS thread from yesterday. The 1014 BIOS is crap. I posted over there with more info. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Denz11-
Try unplugging the PSUand letting it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then plug it back in and try to start. Make sure any reset swoitch that may be on the PSU isn't popped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back