TechSpot

HELP!!! My other computer's explorer is possessed!

By needs_help_plz
Apr 22, 2005
  1. For some reason, on my other computer, the explorer page closes the second that it has completely loaded. I have run ad-aware & gotten rid of as much as I could, but I'm clueless as how to fix the problem...please help! :confused:

2. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,077

thats weried, what explorer u are using, i would get netscape. pelase post a little more info, like what explorer and what ppage it quites on, any error message, it does soud like adware

3. needs_help_plz

needs_help_plz TS Rookie Topic Starter

it is the newest one, i can't remember which one, but i updated it not too long ago....there is no error & it quits on the home page(yahoo.com)

4. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,077

what os is it and is it internet explorer, install netscape on that computerr, get it on ur new computer and put it on a disk and use that for bowsing

5. needs_help_plz

needs_help_plz TS Rookie Topic Starter

it is internet explorer on windows 98 se

6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Have a look here and follow the directions exactly. That should help clear up some problems.

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

And by the way please don't post in more than one forum, it makes it very hard to solve your problem quickly because people are posting different solutions in two different places.

7. james_k1988

james_k1988 TS Rookie Posts: 163

Ie

if you still ahve problems i suggest you try firefox, it smokes the **** off internet explorer (which aint hard to do i admit) and its fast with barley any popups. Also makes it harder for spy/adware to get into your com :)

8. Rockfan1815

Rockfan1815 TS Rookie Posts: 51

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.