Help, My PC Doesn't Play Any Video Clips....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimboy

Hey, I would like to know why my PC can't play videos no more. I've installed the following codec(s)
packs:
1:Theorica Divx Video Codecs 5.0
2:Xvid-1.1.3-28062007 Final Release.
3:AC3Filter 1.1.3
4:Storm Codec 7.02.01
I use the following media players:
1:Windows Media Player 11(default).
2:Jet Audio Basic 6.2.4
3:Nero Home Essentials SE.
4:Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0
When I try playing any clip,be they AVI,DAT,MPEG,ASF,3GP,MP5,RMVB,MPE or whatever, the CPU
usage suddenly shoots up to 100% with the application that's trying to play the clip eating up ninety-
something of the CPU. My PC is a crappy Compaq EVO D510 SFF PC with 2.0ghz, 1024MB RAM, Windows XP
Proffesional SP2, 64 MB nVidia GeForce4 MX420 video card. By the way, I could watch clips on my PC
before installing Storm Codec. However, after I installed it everything went kaput. I've tried
uninstalling it but doing so cleans my system of all the codecs (even those for MP3s)!
Can anyone please tell me what to do or what to download? Thanks in advance.

My PC Can't Play Videos...

Thanks for replying. I mean that there's nothing being displayed in the video window, for example Media Player
Classic (the one from Real Media) just displays "opening" and nothing else happens. I am running Windows XP Pro
SP2. Previously I was still using Windows Media Player to play my video files, it stopped when I installed
the Storm Codecs thingy one of my friends
had given me and also copied a few clips from his system to mine. By the way, the Gspot program you gave me a link to
is also included in the Storm Codecs. Hey, is there a program I can download that can tell me what codecs are installed on
my system? What about a "complete all codec suite?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back