HELP my PC gone BAD !!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

warup89

Hello i had this pc for a yr now i been running games on it like doom3, hl2, halo2, FEAR, CS:S, and many other games just fine and never caused me a problem . but now i just got Battlefield2 and everytime i play it;my PC just freezes out of nowhere and i had only played for like 9 ins and the game is set to medium settings and now i tried low and the freezing still happens but after 20 or 30 mins. Same thing with Call of Duty 2 the game is set to medium(tried low too) and after 20 or 15 of playing my pc just freezes . and i tought you know a normal cooling problem so i opened the case and put a fan blowing on it *to test it*and still it just froze my mobo was at 36C and mu cpu was at 46C at that time and still my pc froze so i dont know what could it be; and now is rarely freezing while playingcounterstrike:source.....is getting me really worried and i dont know what to do..please help

-video card :ATI Radeon 9800pro (128mb)
-CPU:AMD AThlon XP 2.0ghz (really running at 1.989ghz)
-RAM:1 gig (pc 2700)
-M/B: asus A7V600-x

what about ur video card? what temp is it at? how much power do u hve in ur Power supply. do u have the latest drivers for ur video card and motherboard and stuff?

well i tried installing the latest drivers and the problem kept going then i installed some custom drivers based on ATI's an well the problem is present but not that often when im in low settings but yeah still happens.

and powersupply i have a 475w p/s and it feeds

2x hdds
2x cd drives
M/B
2x 120mm fans 1x 80mm fan
1x floppy
video card

can u monitor ur video cards temperatures while playing games? hows ur memory? i mean ur ram. how much MB.. speed..

im kinda suspecting either ur cards overheating or ur memory is bad. try checking the temps and make sure ur gettin a good on-load temperature on ur video card.. nothing too hot. also u might wanna test ur memory using memtest

man, you should verify 3 things:

first, check all the voltages. they may cause this problem. particularly the +12v line. it should not variate more than 5% (plus or less. the ideal range is between: 11,4v - 12,6v)

second: check the memories. if they have something wrong, they should create this problem too. try to chance the banks or even play with less memory to see if it´s there the problem or not.

third: i think that´s not the problem BUT you should check too. Check your PSU. try to remove a couple fans and at least 1 cd drive (let your pc opened just for test) and run the game.

Doing that if think that you probably will find the real problem in your pc.

good luck and happy new year!
:)

i think the 9800 shoud be able to handle BF2 at least on the lower settings

Its you CPU that could be your bottleneck...bf2 is a very intensive game

Either way, the game should not be shutting down mid game, so there is a problem.

loool i played BF2 once in my P4 2.4Ghz HT with 512MB PC2700 and a 9600Pro. in single player mode the game played nicely in medium-high settings.. prolly did about 30-35fps constant.

but as soon as i went into a 64 player server... :hotouch:

holy .. lol first time i ever experienced playing a game at about 3-5fps hahaahah
drove me insane so yea...

if ur talking about playing online.. ur CPU is for sure the first thing to suspect if ur gettin bad performance. ur ram should be ok but it will be on its knees. as well as ur video card.

OH i didnt know that about on-line gaming ....just now the only thing i did was change the location of my 2 sticks of ram and i passed the CoD2 demo just fine (minor lags) and now im gonna try bf2 ........and just one more question ... whats the best upgrade you could recomend for 270 dollars ???

oh and **********************HAPPY NEW YEAR************* :D

warup89 said:
..and just one more question ... whats the best upgrade you could recomend for 270 dollars ???

oh and **********************HAPPY NEW YEAR************* :D

Memory

BF2 uses massive resources. Some of the larger maps use almost a gig of RAM constanly

jus so u know, the demos are never as hardcore on ur computer as the full game s are.. for example, the BF2 demo will run on 512Ram and 9600pro jus fine on mid settings. but ocne u get the full game, u will be playing on much bigger maps, with much more intense action whcih means more textures and crap have to be ran and loaded. so think of the demos like they are only 30% of the game. so u always gotta plan out ahead

if ur PC plays the demos really nice on 1024x768 on mid-high settings, and u get 30fps constant.. chances are u wont with the full game.

for 270$ id recommend getting a new CPU for about 150 (if u can still find an AMD 3000+ somewhere) and the remaining .. try to find a 6600GT.. newegg has them for around 129-139 some offering 20$ rebates so thats around 109-119..

i think 1gig memory is fine. pc2700 is a bit slow but it'll be an ok match with an amd3000+ and 6600GT for 270$

You can get pretty good power supplies because that may be the case. But then again you can get memory and a slightly better graphics card.

warup89 said:
whats the best upgrade you could recomend for 270 dollars ???
Get better ram. pc2700 is kind of slow for intense games like BF2. Since BF2 uses so much RAM, if you get some fast ram you should be able to improve your frame rate. I'm not too sure what's the cause of your crashing problem. Could be any of the ones that have already been mentioned

oh yeah

but should i get a motherboard and cpu instead cause i seen "cpu combos" and i saw an INTEl P4 3.2ghz HT & a pci-e mobo for 250 bucks

It's really up to you. I personally don't like Intel processors due to their inefficiency (higher heat output/power cosumption than AMD chips for the same performance). Also, the $250 deal is only good if it comes with a decent mobo IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back