help!! my PC was attacked by virus, now i am in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Laptop was attacked by Emailworm.win32.arman.e virus. I had Fsecure antivrus 2003 instaled. But it failed to disinfect the virus. Later i downloaded kapersky antivirus and it worked and deleted/quarantied the files infected. Now :

1. whenever i try to open a program from the start menu, a window pops us asking which program am i to use to open this particular program and i have to specify the program by browsing.
2. When i try to access the control panel and later to access any of the programs there, a message says run32dl.exe is not found. but the exe file is actually in the system32 folder.
3. whenever i try to use the headphone and mic to chat over yahoo chat, a message pops up saying the soundcard or audio devices are already used by another program. the system tray indication of the volume control is also not available now.

could any of you help me out by help me out? please?

When using F-Secure, it is better to tell it to delete infected stuff instead of disinfect. Since worms and trojans cannot be "disinfected" F-Secure gently fails.

Kaspersky may have removed the virus but no antivirus can fix the damage done by it That virus probably associated itself with your start menu shortcuts and changed other crucial system settings. The safest thing to do would be to reinstall Windows from scratch.

What was the name F-Secure called this virus by? Kaspersky don't have any information on that thing..

Emailworm.Win32.Arman.e

The virus was known as

Email-Worm.Win32.Arman.e

I checked on the net a while back and that it time they had Arman.a to arman.d viruses. This must be a new virus. only a few japanese antivirus softwares like virus killer etc had some mention about this worm.

There is no mention of Arman in F-Secure virus database. So if F-Secure detected it then it must have been named differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back