HELP!!! My work computer keeps rebooting/crashing

By tbridges
Mar 5, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I bought another PowerSpec (7124) for my company and it's been an absolute lemon. The HD had to be replaced after about 2 weeks. This is now the 2nd PowerSpec that just reboots on it's own ALL the time. I turned the settings in XP Pro so that I could get mini dumps - hoping the experts can tell me the problem. I replaced the memory today so I'm fairly certain it's not hard drive or memory related. Could it be a bad motherboard or possibly a driver conflict? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the first crash dump I got today...i have other crash dumps which seem to be a little different (Bugcheck Analysis) - please email me a toddbridges1@comcast.net with any suggestions.

Thanks,

Todd

Gang,

I just realized the crash dump I sent earlier was the dump before I replaced the memory - based on a quick google search, when you get the BugCheck 1A, folks were saying it's probably bad memory. After replacing the memory, I'm getting the following crash dump (different BugCheck code)- I'm clueless on what is going on:
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +17

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have removed your debug reports due to the fact that your debugger was using the wrong symbols. If you would like to read your own minidumps, take a look at this short tutorial HERE.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps.

If it doesn`t, attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. tbridges

tbridges Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Re:

Howard, can u make any sense of this debug session? I'm confused at this point - reinstalled the OS and it started malfunctioning right away. How do I do a memtest? I've already replaced the memory but perhaps both sets were bad (unlikely but possible)
  4. howard_hopkinso

Please post 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps as attachments.

What were the results of Memtest86+?

Regards Howard :)
  5. tbridges

tbridges Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Howard,

How do I run memtest86+? DO I burn an ISO and then boot from CD? I'm confused - the site doesn't explain too well on how to run it.

Something is majorly wrong with my PC and I just got it - I reinstalled XP Pro this afternoon and it crashed shortly after I did a clean install. I'm thinking it's a HW failure (possibly memory) but not sure.

Take care,

Todd
  6. howard_hopkinso

Take a look at this Memtest tutorial HERE.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.