Help need new motherboard

By Zilliak
May 14, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my computer is the standard hp pavillion a522n its a 2004 it runs pci and im looking for an upgrade the procesor is 478 pin and i need something new like agp so i meen is there any mother board i can by the case is micro atx any help and if im wrong correct me but i need something new much thanks in advance
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,689   +153

3. Zilliak

Zilliak TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 233

hey this will work with my case tooo if it does your like the best man thanks so much
  4. Zilliak

the case is in the description a522n
  5. Zilliak

you might want to look it up just to make sure
  6. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

There are many micro ATX motherboards you could buy but moving from one socket 478 mATX to another socket 478 mATX motherboard will not be much of an upgrade.

Neither of those motherboards will be of any use to you unless you buy new memory to go with it.
  7. Zilliak

i can buy new memory but if you can sit here and tell me hat it will work if i do that then i will buy it memory and and motherboard
  8. Zilliak

the case is in the description a522n
  9. Tmagic650

Yes these boards will fit in your case. All you will have to do is remove the old I/O panel and install the one that comes with the new motherboard. The I/O panel will snap out. An I/O panel is the metal piece of the case that the keyboard and mouse ports come through in the back of the case...

"There are many micro ATX motherboards you could buy but moving from one socket 478 mATX to another socket 478 mATX motherboard will not be much of an upgrade"...

Cinders is dead wrong here! The crippled bios of the original HP motherboard, will be very out done by the simple Biostar bios. The performance of the Biostar boards with the DDR2 and the PCI-e will work great compared to the old motherboard. I have already said that you will need to purchase DDR2 memory and a PCI-e video card, NOT AGP! Look carefully at the Biostar motherboard specs and buy DDR2 memory for that spec. You might upgrade your power supply too
  10. Zilliak

i already have a new power system i put in tehr its atx it will work with it i already ahve the coorect memory so thats waht im going to do thanks so much
  11. Tmagic650

That's great Zilliak...
    Be aware that the "open box" board won't come with an I/O panel or cables, and maybe it won't have a manual either. You can download manuals at the Biostar support website.

Why am I so knowledgeable? I have done this with your model HP!

12. Zilliak

well your fricking awesome i m so tired of this motherboard thanks for evefrything if you want to add some extra suggestions please do on anything!! thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.