Help Needed For New Asus K8V-X Se MOBO runs at 800Mhz when default CMOS settings used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could any1 help me reslove this problem I having with this new board. I have AMD 3700+ XP Pro 1GB RAm & 128Mb Geeforce AGP Graphics card, I 've recently upgraded to this new mobo all parts are fully working but after I have installed this new mobo and load the defualt cmos settings it loads up Win Xp but when I check in my computer its running at 800Mhz!!! so I restart the computer and the monitor turns onto stand by mode and the computer becomes unusable.

Until I remove the battery of the CMOS and it allows me to use the computer again, so this time I then correctly set the settings myself and pressed save and exit and once it restarted it does the same as above and no hard drive activity and turns off the monitor.

Do I need to upgrade the BIOS?

Please can someone help me as I hear this I nice board and can't wait to use it.

Kind Regards,
Adam

It's probably running @ 800MHz because cool'n'quiet is enabled. Disable cool'n'quiet if what you wish is to have the CPU constantly running at full speed (set power management to anything except "minimal power management").

I have never enabled the cool & quite option on my mobo plus when I exit the CMOS set up it asks to save as normal and then there is no hard drive activity and the montior says no signal.

I have only been able to access windows thru using the factory default settings and this runs my processor at 800Mhz so when I click restart windows shuts down and then there is no hard drive activity and the montior says no signal.

I'm quite good with computers however i've never seen this before :(

yes i have and just after I save and exit the setup to would normally restart the computer and load windows however it does not the monitor says no signal input and theres no hard drive activity either. :(

Have you done a Windows repair yet and installed the new motherboard drivers? You're lucky to even get into Windows if you haven't done a repair install first.

hi i've just updated the bios and the computer can now restart without taking out the cmos battery each time, however when i right click on my computer it still says 800Mhz instead of 3700 XP can you please assist

hi i've just updated the bios and the computer can now restart without taking out the cmos battery each time, however when i right click on my computer it still says 800Mhz instead of 3700 XP can you please assist

Did you go into power management like I said ? & for your information, a 3700+ does not run @ 3700MHz.

i its never been activated and my processor has prevously runs at 2400Ghz reat time but i cant get past the 800Mhz mark. ive set everything to its highest settings in the bios and it just stays the same do you think it maybe a faulty cpu???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back