Help needed...Infected with Adblaster malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all after downloading something called Morpheus web accelerator I noticed I started getting alot of popups that that had url adblaster2.info. I have done the protocol("try this first before posting your hijack file") according to this site's suggestion and it has been to no avail. I have googled adblaster malware and have tried the different things that I have found on the net. It has worked to some degree as I don't get the annoying popups anymore but the spyware scanner shows that it is still in my IE Browser cache. I have tried cleaning my browser cache through internet options, also through the command prompt by typing at the c:drive prompt "sfc/purgecache", also in safemode with command prompt I have typed at the c:prompt del index.dat/s. None of this has worked as I still have instances of this(adblaster) in my IE Browser cache according to scan by Ad-Aware SE Personal. I am posting my hijack log and I'd appreciate anyone's help. Thanks

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 5
Your log is fine.

Boot in Safe Mode.
Switch System restore OFF, see how here.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.

Delete ONLY the directories under: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
These have such weird names as: Y70H2DQ3 or AE87Q5SD.
Delete all of them, even if Explorer threatens that they may be system files bla..bla..

Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Delete all files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

Then go to www.getfirefox and STOP using that bleedin' Internet Explorer!

It worked...no more adblaster

Thank you very much for your help there is no more infection present and my computer is running smoothly. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back