Help needed with Direct Cable...>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming you are using an Ethernet cable (RJ45 twisted pair) in a lan card/por on your pc's, you need to go to your network places from control panel (I think!)

Not sure whether or not this is the same for Modem/parallel/serial connections, but I don't see why not.

If you have the name of a shared resource, try typing //<computername>/<drive and folder>

Ginger;
If I understand your post you need to install word on your old lap by getting the install files of the application from your other computer. If I am right and you need step by step instructions, PM me and I'll get back to you.

lol yes you are correct.
I also have the CD if I run the CD on my personal computer and have the lap top access it with the cable would that work as well? I played with it so much. I just can't figure out how to transfer files or access the cd from the other linked system. Thanks for the offer If you don't mind helping I'll take it step by step.

First I have no wish to offend you ,but I must guess as to what your abilities are with computers.I will presume you need each step , you can correct me if I am wrong.
First I need to know the names of you 2 cpu's to speed instructions.
Then I need to know if you can see each computer in the ' Network Neighbourhood>Compters near Me' Of the "Explorer window'
of each computer.
Tell me what you can see.
Then we can go from there.
This might be faster if I know when you are online.

P.S. You can load the App from the cdrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back