Help new computer being put together right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok peps i am putting together my computer right this very second and have a few questions.

This IS the FIRST time i have even looked inside a case so if these questions seem really basic sorry now :)

1) The connections coming from my PSU (TruePower 430W) all lead to a device via a large female (PSU) > large male (CDRW etc.) connector. There are two large female connectors on each lead (of which there are 3) and a small female connector... What does the second large and small one do on each lead?????

2) All my case fans (4) have one female and one male connector (both large). The PSU has one lead with two male connectors (though both have only 2 copper sockets inside the connector) labled FAN ONLY on both. How would i go about connecting all these up?????

3) Is the Audio lead from a cd -rw drive needed? I dont have one....

4) hmmm might have more later....

:))) Thanks guys, you've all been a great help so far and im almost at my goal.

Hippy.

1.) I'm not sure.. I think I need pictures for this one. :)

2.) It will be messy, but you could connect all of the fans together using their male/female plugs.. Then plug the PSU into one of the remaining fan connectors.

3.) For Windows XP or any OS that supports digital audio extraction - The audio cable is not needed. For 95, 98, Me and perhaps 2000 the cable is required to hear CD audio.

Originally posted by hippy
There are two large female connectors on each lead (of which there are 3) and a small female connector... What does the second large and small one do on each lead?????

I think your asking, (Q: ) what do the second large female connectors comming from the PSU do (where it Ys off).

(A: ) Same as the other one, they power a device.

You'd plug a large female connector comming from the PSU into the cdrws male connector on the back of the cdrw(...its kinda hard to screw up, cuz they gotta fit)

2) All my case fans (4) have one female and one male connector (both large). The PSU has one lead with two male connectors (though both have only 2 copper sockets inside the connector) labled FAN ONLY on both. How would i go about connecting all these up?????

Take on of your fans female connecter and plug it into your PSUs male connector (i've never seen or heard of all this though)

3) Is the Audio lead from a cd -rw drive needed? I dont have one....

If its a modern cdrw and your gonna run windows 2000 or xp, you wont need this audio cable. Just hookup the PSUs power to it (same way you hookup the hard drive) and hookup the IDE cable ;)

Also dont forget, set your cdrw to "slave" (jumpers on the back of it). Your hard drive will come standardly set to "Master" (along with the cdrw). So you gotta set the cdrw to "Slave". Its really easy to do, just look on the back of the drive.

What your asking isnt the clearest thing in the world, so I have it my best shot :)

Cheers & Good luck!

Re: Re: Help new computer being put together right now.

Originally posted by ---agissi---

Also dont forget, set your cdrw to "slave" (jumpers on the back of it). Your hard drive will come standardly set to "Master" (along with the cdrw). So you gotta set the cdrw to "Slave". Its really easy to do, just look on the back of the drive.

Another option is that you can connect your CDRW to the Secondary IDE in the Mobo and set it as Master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back