Help new computer restarts after games, video probs, general slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayotruck

I just built this computer.I enter call of duty demo, and i get booted in less than a minute of gameplay. I have tryed to enter that game a few times and it restarts randomly within the game. I have updated mobo, video card and windows. I also played need for speed underground demo and used maxed settings, it worked fine until i hit a wall and then i got booted back to windows desktop with an error code. I can play games and watch videos and such, but it seems to lack power? Any ideas, I'm not a tech but i know enough to scrape by. Also when i watch a movie the video plays but, through the movie little red and blue dots jump all over the screen randomly. Its watchable but very annoying. Also it seems that my computer is slow? I have run a virus scan and adaware se, and found nothing.I dont know, maybe i installed wrong drivers? please, send me ulrs for drivers for my computer, or give me a suggestion i work alot and dont have enough time to figure out all of these problems.

Amd athlon 64 3500
asus a8v deluxe
radeon 9800 pro 256mb
1 gig pc3200 400mhrz ddr ram
wd 250 gig hd
icute 302sl-black case with 400watt power supply with top/side fan
16x dvd burner/32 cd writer
windows xp home

maybe hijacked

upgrade to xp pro
I had friend who played games and he got hijacked same conditions

Reply #1 reply #2

Reply #1--- All i have is windows xp home and i don't really feel like paying any more cash for anouther version but, I'll keep that in mind if everything else fails..

For a system like that you need a good name brand power supply like Antec or Enermax. Does the case have sufficient air flow? The Radeon 9800's run really hot. Also go into the BIOS and check the RAM timmings. They may be too aggressive. Are you using the drivers that came with the video card and mobo? They are usually out of date. I always use the latest drivers on the chipset makers website. For the mobo use the 4.55 Hyperion drivers at Viaarena.com and for the video card get the Catalyst 4.11 drivers at Ati.com.

Im happy to be a techspot guy!

Thanx all,
Problem solved! I ran sisoft landra lite tempurature, run and noticed my computer was overheating. It must be the auto overclock on my mobo that is causing this is my guess. so i guess it's time to buy a liquid cooler, any suggestions?

Thanx agian.

Im a techspot forum man forever now.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back