Help Newbie requires trojan removal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I have been trying to get some assistance in removing a trojan called "obfuskated" when I run AVG it advises that I am infected with downloader.Obfuskated.exe

I have run a HJT scan and have the following log file as a result:

I confess I am no expert but have a sound knowledge of computers so I hope that somebody out there is able to provide me with some assistance on getting rid of it and anything else HJT may have uncovered.

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

This is strange. The HJT log is clean, but there must still be a problem somewhere. It could be a rootkit, a thing that hides files.

Please go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Then post fresh HijackThis, ComboFix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread. Also let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

P.S. Howard, can you move this thread? ;)

This thread is for the use of fazman only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Cheers.

Ok had some problems but got all done in the end hope these logs are what you need. Seems my PC is showing no obvious symptoms at the moment.

View attachment 15126

View attachment 15127

View attachment 15128

seem to be having probs attaching AVG Rootscan file to this post I have tried to upload and add to attachments but will not do it?? anyway all that came up was C:\Program Files\SpyCatcher 2006\Scheduler daemon.exe Hidden application
C:\Program Files\SpyCatcher 2006\Protector.exe Hidden application

hope this is enough to see if I indeed have a virus or trojan that needs attention.
Appreciate your assistance

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to the proper forum.

Your HJT log has been run from safe mode. Please post a fresh HJT log from normal mode.

The SpywareCatcher entries are nothing to be concerned about.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of fazman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

HJT Log

Hi there Howard,

sorry if I posted in wrong place... still new to forums so hope was not a problem.... here is a new HJT log ( not in safe mode) Cheers DF

Your HJT log is clean.

Just have HJT fix these two inactive entries.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: McAfee Privacy Service Popup Blocker - {3EC8255F-E043-4cae-8B3B-B191550C2A22} - blank (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CF7C3CF0-4B15-11D1-ABED-709549C10000} - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of fazman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back