TechSpot

Help Newcomers Dv Problems

By paddycal
Mar 12, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH CPU MOTHERBOARD COMBO, and camcorder.
    ECS PT800CE-A AND P4 3.2 (478) AND CANON OPTURA XI
    The system took me a while to upgrade as I have many peripherals everything seems to be working okay except the toy I use most and the reason for the upgrade in the first place, my canon xi camcorder, it is hooked to the pc via the front firwire port of my audigy sound card system which was one of the first audigy cards, but i have updated the drivers. The pc captures the video for the first minute or so but then it either gets a blue screen "system halted, contact your system vendor" error or else it just reboots the pc. I have tried bios updates (although I am having trouble with updating the very latest as are others I have read through this forum), chipset updates, graphics drivers and even installed an ati all in wonder 9600xt to see if my old videocard was the culprit, still a problem exists, I am going to try a new firewire card today, but I need to get on with my life, please help
  2. isatippy

isatippy Newcomer, in training Posts: 593

Hello and Welcome. :wave: :wave:
  3. paddycal

paddycal Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks

thanks for the welcome.
  4. isatippy

isatippy Newcomer, in training Posts: 593

No problem. :knock:
  5. robertel

robertel Newcomer, in training

Hi all....no problems at this moment...just hopping around and feeding on data hehehe. Thnx for the warm welcome ;-)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.