Help!! no sound at all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
os 98se
sc soundblaster live value

recently installed an old game 'ydkj3' and had some minor problems. found out a day later i had no audio from any multimedia players i.e. winamp, divx player, wmp, etc. can't even get qt to work at all. got rid of ydkj3 immediately!! tried to uninstall and reinstall proper drives for sc, but to no avail. reinstalled os w/o reformatting(don't want to have to re-install all the software on my system). found new driver from creative labs and installed... still no luck. updated directx due to a dll problem with divx player and still no audio. put card in new pci slot no luck there either. tried updating winamp... nothing. Is the lifespan of a sound card five yrs? this is my last resort.. short of buying a new sound card. any help anyone would have is very appreciated.

ty
max

First check in your volume control, that nothing is muted(I know, but it does happen)

You could also try uninstalling the device from device manager, then rebooting your system, and reinstalling the drivers.

Failing that, it could be your soundcard has died, but it`s a bit of a coincidence if that`s the case.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

can't even get to volume control. prgms> accsrs> entrmnt> vlm cntrl. and nothing. if you're asking on #2 to remove the card from the mobo and reboot to see what happens been there done that... nothing. if not how do i remove crd feom device mngr?
thanks for the help
maxll

i figured thats what you meant. I removed all instances regarding the sound card and 'creative' devices. reinstalled them still no sound
ty howard
max

Just a quick thought.

Before you rush out and buy a new soundcard. Could you try your soundcard in another system just to test it?

Regards Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back