help..on my OS BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

apaullo

help...

i want to ask how to override the BIOS password? if i forget the password and i want to access it how can i?

and also when i want to chkdsk my windows using my xp installer and it requires a password how can i also override it?

thanks to those who will reply

Did you steal a computer? Or how exactly did it happen that you forgot two passwords at the same time?

heheh no, i did not steal a computer...i am a novice computer technician, and a friend requests me to reinstall her windows but we were surprised to see that a password was needed in order to reinstall, she told me that she previously reformatted her pc in another shop, but she cant contact the person who formatted her pc...so were stuck

:)

Usually you can reset the BIOS password of a desktop PC using a jumper on the motherboard or removing the battery. Read The Friendly Manual (the motherboard).

You can download a special Linux floppy set/CD that can zero Windows passwords. (Or, buy some outrageously expensive program that does the same).

ahh ok..ill try the battery later :)

just wanna ask about the linux programs that can override windows password, what software is thats?

of corz i will not buy a software program that i can download for free on the net

hope u can help me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back