Status
Not open for further replies.

Blah

Hi,

------------------------------------------
Manufacturer: eMachines
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
------------------------------------------

I am a downloader, and to download a lot of things, you need Daemon tools for the .ISO/.Bin files ect. I cannot install this because i get the following error...

The installer has encountered an unexpeced error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2352.

--------------------------------------

According to Microsoft:
Error 2352:
Could not initialize cabinet file server. The required file 'CABINET.DLL' may be missing.
--------------------------------------

I need to repair windows, but i do not know how with the restore CDs i recieved with my computer. I had a look at the following topic:

HOW TO: Repair Windows XP/2000 if you are unable to boot into Windows.
Author: Rick

This is not the same as in my case. The 2 Restore CDs i recieved with this computer has everything on it, drivers and windows. When i start my computer with the windows restore CD in, the following screen shows:

System Restore Menu / Windows XP
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------

1. RESTORE WINDOWS XP.
2. BOOT TO COMMAND PROMPT FROM CD-ROM.

----------------------------------

As I screwed up my last computer, i just want to verify that I would do option 1 to repair windows without reinstalling.

Problem 2 - Bad Image Error
---------------------------------

A major problem for me.

I keep on getting these "bad image" errors. I have viewed a webpage on google regarding to this matter.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread/t-13088.html

Would I be right in thinking that this is another part of the previous problem mentioned above, and will be fixed once Windows has been repaired?

---------------------------------

All feedback appreciated.
Thanks

Ok,

Nearly formatted my PC. Not any of the options, it seems i cannot repair my windows from startup with XP disk inserted.

Any other ideas?

I have a friend with an eMachine and his restore disk has an option for repairing Windows while leaving the data intact. If yours doesnt and you can boot into Windows, you should back up your important data on CD and do a format and clean install.

Could you please tell me how i could repair windows? The disk shows only files when inserted, what is the way i can get onto the repair screen, ive seen it before puke:

eMachines may have changed the recovery disks. Have you checked the support section of their web site. Since you have recovery disks you cant repair Windows by reinstalling like you could with a stand alone Windows disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back