TechSpot

Help: on specs building a rig for Cad programs.

By zazazoom
Nov 5, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all, my uncle wants me to build him a computer for his daughter whos taking architecture....He wants to save as much money as he can so I'm wondering what parts you would recommend...maybe recommend some motherboard/cpus..I'm located in Canada so stores like Tigerdirect.ca and ncix.ca are places i can go to for parts >:D
    I wonder what kind of mobo and processor would be good for Autocad or programs like it..rendering images and stuff like that..doesn't have to be overkill super fast or w/e but good enough so u can still say wow...thats fast :p
    also since its for programs like autocad..i don't think i would need to put in a high end video card either...
    any help, recommendations would be appreciated!
    thanks guys!

2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

Well, to start, what is your budget?

3. zazazoom

zazazoom TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 124

well i just need a computer good enough to use Autocad..seriously lol but if u must put a budget..i'll..say 800$...i don't think i'll need a top of the line video card....nor top of the line RAM..i don't even think i need a dual core >_<

4. Gars

Gars TS Enthusiast Posts: 228

monitor? its vital for the price
    go to Autodesk for System Requirements
    take a look at the "Get information on graphics hardware certified for use with AutoCAD 2007." link at the bottom

regards

___
    edit
    omg! just looked at "Supported but not recommended" list and found this for NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT
    lol - this guys are pretty exacting :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.