TechSpot

Help: on specs building a rig for Cad programs.

By zazazoom
Nov 5, 2006
  1. Hey all, my uncle wants me to build him a computer for his daughter whos taking architecture....He wants to save as much money as he can so I'm wondering what parts you would recommend...maybe recommend some motherboard/cpus..I'm located in Canada so stores like Tigerdirect.ca and ncix.ca are places i can go to for parts >:D
    I wonder what kind of mobo and processor would be good for Autocad or programs like it..rendering images and stuff like that..doesn't have to be overkill super fast or w/e but good enough so u can still say wow...thats fast :p
    also since its for programs like autocad..i don't think i would need to put in a high end video card either...
    any help, recommendations would be appreciated!
    thanks guys!

2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

Well, to start, what is your budget?

3. zazazoom

zazazoom TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 84

well i just need a computer good enough to use Autocad..seriously lol but if u must put a budget..i'll..say 800$...i don't think i'll need a top of the line video card....nor top of the line RAM..i don't even think i need a dual core >_<

4. Gars

Gars TS Booster Posts: 224

monitor? its vital for the price
    go to Autodesk for System Requirements
    take a look at the "Get information on graphics hardware certified for use with AutoCAD 2007." link at the bottom

regards

___
    edit
    omg! just looked at "Supported but not recommended" list and found this for NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT
    lol - this guys are pretty exacting :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.