Help: on specs building a rig for Cad programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zazazoom

Hey all, my uncle wants me to build him a computer for his daughter whos taking architecture....He wants to save as much money as he can so I'm wondering what parts you would recommend...maybe recommend some motherboard/cpus..I'm located in Canada so stores like Tigerdirect.ca and ncix.ca are places i can go to for parts >:D
I wonder what kind of mobo and processor would be good for Autocad or programs like it..rendering images and stuff like that..doesn't have to be overkill super fast or w/e but good enough so u can still say wow...thats fast :p
also since its for programs like autocad..i don't think i would need to put in a high end video card either...
any help, recommendations would be appreciated!
thanks guys!

zazazoom said:
Hey all, my uncle wants me to build him a computer for his daughter whos taking architecture....He wants to save as much money as he can so I'm wondering what parts you would recommend...maybe recommend some motherboard/cpus..I'm located in Canada so stores like Tigerdirect.ca and ncix.ca are places i can go to for parts >:D
I wonder what kind of mobo and processor would be good for Autocad or programs like it..rendering images and stuff like that..doesn't have to be overkill super fast or w/e but good enough so u can still say wow...thats fast :p
also since its for programs like autocad..i don't think i would need to put in a high end video card either...
any help, recommendations would be appreciated!
thanks guys!

Well, to start, what is your budget?

well i just need a computer good enough to use Autocad..seriously lol but if u must put a budget..i'll..say 800$...i don't think i'll need a top of the line video card....nor top of the line RAM..i don't even think i need a dual core >_<

monitor? its vital for the price
go to Autodesk for System Requirements
take a look at the "Get information on graphics hardware certified for use with AutoCAD 2007." link at the bottom

regards

___
edit
omg! just looked at "Supported but not recommended" list and found this for NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT
Selection Window fill color is not visible or displays artifacts. Grips are incorrectly displayed. The cursor or dialogs leave trails in the viewport. Graphics hardware designed for gaming.
lol - this guys are pretty exacting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back