TechSpot

Help on "Windows 7 failure to boot" issue

By XylumTech
Sep 15, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Well , I posted this after I gave up on my computer because of one major problem , Windows 7 fails to boot ! This morning I started my PC , excited to play I am met with a blank screen with a blinking cursor then changes to the boot up sequence . The thing with windows 7 logo , before the logo completes my PC restarts and repeat it over and over again . I opened the Cpu and checked every cable and the HDD ( no sound of clicking ) , HDD is normal , booted up same thing . I tried startup recovery but it freezes 9/10 of the way and my PC beeps like a ticking C4 Bomb . I tried reformatting same thing . CMOS and other stuff didnt help , Please help me!

Specs :
    Mobo : American Megatrend Motherboard
    Processor : Intel Dual Core @ 2.00 GHz
    Video : NVidia Geforce 8400 GS
    Hard Drive : Seagate 232 GB
  2. XylumTech

XylumTech TS Rookie Topic Starter

Help Please

Im sorry if I didnt post enough info about my problem , please help!
  3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,140   +29

It sounds like you are experiencing a BIOS Beep Code. These codes are such that depending on the pattern it points to the issue.

Since you are able to hear this find American Megatrend's Errror Codes online. Your motherboard manual should have them as well.
  4. XylumTech

Sadly , my computer today played one long beep (10 seconds) before I unplugged it . Does somebody know any help , i tried looking in the AM website anf found none
  5. Route44

How old is this system?
  6. XylumTech

8 years old
  7. Route44

Sorry to hear of these circumstances. Are you going to build a new one?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.