Help: p4 3.4ghz performing really slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

markgab

Hi guys,

Im trying to find out why my pc performs really "slow" even when i play some games like cs/bf2 i get some major lags or the screen jerks at times. I even tried the superpi test and i think i got a low score. Is there anyway to tweak my pc to perform its best or is my pc just crap?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

markgab said:
Is there anyway to tweak my pc to perform its best or is my pc just crap?
some full system specs would help. Hpw do we know what your system is or where it can be tweaked or improved when you've told us nothing about it?

If it is a store-bought boxed PC, then just list the model # of the PC. If it is a custom built PC, then list the CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Video Card, PSU

*and be specific, for example don't just write "1G RAM"

I think that p4 can be overclocked to do a lot more, ask KingCody nicely, I think :D But give us your full specs too.

Sorry, im kinda a pc newbie :( My pc is custom built. The problem is i cant get back to the place is im staying in a different state. How could i check my computer specs?

All i know is that i have 2 graphic cards and some others
1) nvidia 6600LE 256mb
2) ati 9600pro 256mb
3) power supply 330w
4) motherboard asrock *which i think is crap*

Hey guys, would there be a program to list the specs i have?
Thanks

You can download everest. Or you used to be able from the site, but apparently majorgeeks still host the file.... http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Run that and you should find the specs for your comp.

And about your low score, its your graphics card. Your m/b may be crap, but it shouldn't be such a huge factor. It might be if you're competing for the highest scores...

try typing in "cpuz" into your search engine and downloading that.
make sure your g cards are kept cool and make sure you have plenty of air in that case.

as youve got 2 cards in there it might be worth updating that power supply to at least a 400 or a 500watt, they drink energy like nothing else.

the lagging could be the hard drive acessing data, what hard drive you running, has it had any viruses on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back